Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

wookie1965

COMPLETED - Skywatcher 200p

I have for sale my 200p as many of you know I have severe back problems and trying to lift this just does not happen. 

It has been flocked it has home made rings on so you can rotate the ota, I have re spotted the primary mirror after cleaning it. comes with self centering adapter for 1.25" eyepieces, a 9x50 Right angled erecting finderscope and the Lacerta duel speed 1:10 micro focus upgrade for Skywatcher crayford focusers. It has thumb screws on the secondary for easier collimation reluctant sale but its not getting used.

£180 ovno

20180813_170612.jpg20180813_170617.jpg20180813_170646.jpg20180813_170620.jpg

20180813_170712.jpg20180813_170649.jpg

20180813_170718.jpgIMG-20180813-WA0001.jpgIMG-20180813-WA0002.jpg

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 1

I thought this was a bargain price does anyone think it's priced too high.

With what's on.

5 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

With what's on.

i sold mine for i think £130  and i had flocked it bob knobbed it and 12v fan aswell ,take off the fine tuner sell separate i found the knob eventually so if you need one back let me know. if i can find it again 

Edited by bottletopburly

Thanks I'm not sure I have the old focuser. I will have a good look tomorrow. Its got the 9x50 erecting finder so when you look through it it's as your eyes see.

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

With what's on.

Perhaps no-ones looking or needing just now!

Maybe people don't value the add on things, either because they don't appreciate them or dont need them?

What strikes me is that no mount and tripod means that a fairly hefty extra cost is needed for an eq5.

I have 3 scopes and one mount this one does not get any use.

I advertised it on here thinking 90% of people would have a scope and mount to add this to.

I use the 200p on a EQ5 mount so does not have to be a hefty mount.

The add ons make the scope more usable than the plain one with better focusing and finding. They say sell at 60-70% of new. A new 200p is £250 so 60% is £150 with the add ons only asking £30 more.

Edited by wookie1965

15 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I have 3 scopes and one mount this one does not get any use.

I advertised it on here thinking 90% of people would have a scope and mount to add this to.

I use the 200p on a EQ5 mount so does not have to be a hefty mount.

The add ons make the scope more usable than the plain one with better focusing and finding. They say sell at 60-70% of new. A new 200p is £250 so 60% is £150 with the add ons only asking £30 more.

I think the price is good, Paul. Just need that little bit of luck of finding someone who is looking. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

I've tried to sell a couple of OTAs recently, one of which was a 130PDS that I thought would go quickly, but it didnt. 

It's gone now but it took a while. I think that the price is good, just hold in there and I'm sure it will sell eventually.

• Like 1

I don’t think this time of year is brilliant for selling Astro stuff. Maybe when the evenings close in and we get closer to Christmas etc there maybe more of a demand. I think what your asking is about right.

• Like 2

I have a 200P that doesn't get much use.  It gives excellent views.

Your right angle finder, 10:1 focus and rotation mods are precisely what I would do if I made more use of mine.

Your price is good. Sometimes people don't want to reach into their pockets. Good luck.

David.

• Like 1

Can you post this or courier it.

Distance is the problem for me.

2 hours ago, Bigwings said:

Can you post this or courier it.

Distance is the problem for me.

To be honest I have nothing put it in and I would not trust post/ courier with such a delicate piece of equipment. Now if I had what FLO had would not be a problem but a box and filling going cost over £20 maybe more sorry.