SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Modding my Canon

Anthonyexmouth

I'd seen somewhere a baader filter replacement that seemed to make it usable in daytime as well. think it removed the anti aliasing filter too. i've got a 760d which apparently is quite well suited for astro due to being quite sensitive. its the reason i chose it, that and it was within budget. if i was going to buy a dedicated DSO camera i think i would want to see a dramatic improvement to warrant spending more money

The 'stage 1' mode removing the cyan-tinted filter massively increases the  sensitivity to Ha but you can still use white balance.

It stops auto focus working and you may not be able to focus to infinity unless you shim the sensor by 1/3 the thickness of the filter.

I've done it three times with one 'sensor kill' due to breaking the glass a replacement was fairly cheap off ebay.

The actual taking apart is easy enough, done it several times as I fitted a cold finger in my 450D

Archived