Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ngc 6914 Hargb

Allinthehead

This is Ngc 6914. A reflection and emission nebula in Cygnus. It lies approx 6,000 light years from earth. Embedded Cygnus OB2 stars provide the blue starlight strongly reflected by the dusty clouds.

Ha Astrodon 5nm filter Asi 1600mm. 46* 300 second subs

Rgb Asi 071. 110* 150 second subs.

Total time: 8.4 hours.

Takahashi 130d mounted on an AZEQ6.

Stacked in APP, processed in PI, PS and APP.

Hope you like it.

Richard.

Reprocess

2019005770_Ngc6914Hargbcopy3.thumb.jpg.59a6093c8c49f6c53dac34084beb60c2.jpg

102341461_Ngc6914Hargb.thumb.jpg.a101037f95f55b8a987929caea5969fc.jpg

1 hour ago, coatesg said:

Lovely rendition, very nicely done - and a really interesting object (reflection imposed on dark neb, surrounded by hydrogen). 

Thanks. Glad you like it. A longer focal lenght focused on the blue nebulosity would make for a great image.

That is a lovely image Richard!

I hope you are pleased with your ASI071 since I received mine a week ago and I am now waiting for astrodarkness to get back to Sweden. Do you have any suggestions about what gain and other settings to use and any pointers for good threads or guides regarding this for the 071? I thought I may as well benefit from other peoples trial and error.

4 hours ago, astro mick said:

That is nice,a very good image.

The dust lanes stand out remarkably well.

Mick.

Thanks Mick.

10 minutes ago, gorann said:

That is a lovely image Richard!

I hope you are pleased with your ASI071 since I received mine a week ago and I am now waiting for astrodarkness to get back to Sweden. Do you have any suggestions about what gain and other settings to use and any pointers for good threads or guides regarding this for the 071? I thought I may as well benefit from other peoples trial and error.

Thanks Gorann. I started off at gain 0 but after a while moved to gain 50 as the read noise drops significantly without having too big an impact on dynamic range.

zwo_asi071mc-cool_read-noise.thumb.jpg.b9234a7653038a62c45c7afdd8aaec41.jpg

I'm still experimenting. I tried with a light pollution filter and with just a ir cut filter and i found the results improved with just the ir.  

Thanks Richard, that gives me somewhere to start. Yes, I realized that I need some kind of filter that blocks UV and IR or I would en up with quite fuzzy images, since normal scopes are not corrected outside the visual range and that camera (unlike DSLRs) lacks any filter and therefore goes way beyond visual light in both directions of the spectrum. I could either use my Hutech IDAS filter or (since I have very litte light pollution) just my ordinary Baader lum filter (=IR/UV cut filter).

I expect that you use your smaller chipped ASI1600 mono for the Ha. Have you tried using the 071 for Ha so you do not lose so much FOW. Maybe it is good enough even if it has a bayer mask?

20 hours ago, gorann said:

Thanks Richard, that gives me somewhere to start. Yes, I realized that I need some kind of filter that blocks UV and IR or I would en up with quite fuzzy images, since normal scopes are not corrected outside the visual range and that camera (unlike DSLRs) lacks any filter and therefore goes way beyond visual light in both directions of the spectrum. I could either use my Hutech IDAS filter or (since I have very litte light pollution) just my ordinary Baader lum filter (=IR/UV cut filter).

I expect that you use your smaller chipped ASI1600 mono for the Ha. Have you tried using the 071 for Ha so you do not lose so much FOW. Maybe it is good enough even if it has a bayer mask?

Yes the 1600 for Ha. I didn't try the 071 as i only have the 1.25" filters.

On 12/08/2018 at 15:53, Allinthehead said:

Thanks. Glad you like it. A longer focal lenght focused on the blue nebulosity would make for a great image.

Definitely - would like to do this as a close up at some point. 

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks. Can't see the face tho.

I’ve scribbled in your photo (which almost felt like sacrilege) to point out the face I see. 

As humans we are predetermined  to see faces in things. But then again, it might just be me? 

Cheers 

Bryan

39D39013-05D0-4284-BBE5-E84A5C720F81.jpeg

Archived