Help me find these bolts???

parallaxerr

I'm in the market for some upgrade altitude bolts for my HEQ5. Not because mine are bent but there's not enough leverage on the small hinged tang to release the bolt against the weight of the scope when aligning (no view of Polaris means software & drift alignment only, so scope must be mounted).

Now, some time ago I came across a site selling rather lovely machined capstan style bolts to fit, but all the googling in the world has returned nothing today.

I "think" the vendor may have been Italian, was definitely not UK and I "think" they were a brass finish. Is this ringing any bells to anyone?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I have just tried upgrading to ratchet type bolts bought on e bay for my HEQ5.My latitude is 55 degrees.I found the angle of the polarscope does not allow for the length of these bolts.Anyone else had a simlar problem.

If you modify the latitude peg assuming it has same problem as the Eq6 then you can just use a knob handle so much easier.

5 minutes ago, Dunelm said:

I have just tried upgrading to ratchet type bolts bought on e bay for my HEQ5.My latitude is 55 degrees.I found the angle of the polarscope does not allow for the length of these bolts.Anyone else had a simlar problem.

Archived