Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any good Perseid images out there ??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting surfing through the images seeing what was picked up, and for all your clouds I had planes. I had two images with very very short flashes though the angle was wrong for Perseids.

I will be changing my image for a plate solved version.

That looks great the star trails, I was going to try a star trails image tonight.

6 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That looks great the star trails

Thanks. I just wish I had a more interesting landscape, it’s either that bit of tree for some perspective or my modern house. I do intend to get out onto Beverley Westwood later in the year when darker on an evening, there is an old mill, wide open view of the Minster so hopefully will make a better image. 

Hello , here is mine . I was very lucky to catch this one . Glad that camera was pointed in that direction because i was watching other side of sky and suddenly there was a bright glow behind my back. I checked the camera what was that and boom  :D
Also i made an animation of vapors after meteor burned in atmosphere. 

bolid perseidy.jpg

bolid-gif.gif

Happy-kat it was captured in southern Poland  50km from Rzeszow. This is a nearest and darkest place from place where i live. if i want a really darks skies i have to go almost 300km into the mountains close to the Ukraine border.

Yes,  not a bad idea to let the exposures roll away in some far corner of the garden whilst taking advantage of the clear skies with the scope somewhere else.

Fireballs can be sporadic as well  ( tell the dinosaurs that !! )..... so is always worth while.

3 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

@Craney did you use starstax for your composite image? I have found the meteor doesn't come out very clear when I tried it but you meteor is very clear.

No, I have a Canon G16  Powershot and it has a 'Startrails' program feature.    I think it opens the shutter for about 20 seconds then overlays the previous image.

It is quite clever because it does not over expose objects that would get 100% worth of illumination eg my chimney.     You can set up to 2 hours worth of total duration.

It is good for time lapses as well..... but since it takes an initial exposure reading on the first sub, then you have to be careful about changing light levels... eg..the Sun coming up etc.... would totally over expose the latter images and hence the whole image.

Archived