SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scope cover - Telegizmo?

I need a cover to go over my scope and mount - a SW Esprit 100 on an NEQ6 + tripod.

This will only be for occasional use.

I'm looking at the cheaper TeleGizmo scope cover (not the 365 type).

Can anyone tell me how these perform? They say they are for occasional use only, so wondered how robust they are?

Alternatively, if anyone has any better recommendations, I 'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks

Kev

A few friends of mine have one of the Geoptik HQ telescope covers. One uses them occasionally and the other one keeps his kit under these bad boys 365 and swear by it. Cheaper too but as you know, you can't beat the 365 variance of TG covers.

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-high-quality-telescope-cover-large.html

Hope this helps. 

I have a Telegizmo scope cover, 4" F6 refractor version, very nice material and a good fit for my refractor and feel quite confident that it will be up to occasional use. It hasn't as yet been used, applicable for star-parties and for when a long session might have an encounter of a few squally showers.     

33 minutes ago, scarp15 said:

I have a Telegizmo scope cover, 4" F6 refractor version, very nice material and a good fit for my refractor and feel quite confident that it will be up to occasional use. It hasn't as yet been used, applicable for star-parties and for when a long session might have an encounter of a few squally showers.     

Thanks!  I've taken the plunge. Mine too will be mainly used for occasional star parties - Kelling Heath approaching!

I bought a telegizmo to leave my mount out 365/366 days a year. I won't leave my Scopes out only if I am using them over a multi night session and then I have a much cheaper but fully waterproof taped and seamed cover that goes over the whole lot and keeps everything perfect until the following night: -£24.99 http://northstarastronomy.co.uk/accessories/telescope-covers/waterproof-telescope-cover

Archived