SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Faulty Lodestar - can it be repaired?

blinky

Discovered my Lodestar has blown a diode - THink thats all as it does still connect to the laptop and take images but they are just noise. Anyway, I opened it up and can see a surface mount diode D4 is blown. Just wondered if anybody has had stuff repaired by QHY and how did it go? Gutted though as at the very least it will take weeks to send back for repair and in the mean time I wont be able to image - Anybody have a spare they can lend?

Craig

My Lodestar was fixed by Starlight Xpress and they were incredibly efficient about it. The camera was only away for a few days. So, don’t panic too much, as Ibbo! suggests, get in touch with them and they will sort you out swiftly and painlessly. Let’s hope!

Excellent.,for some stupid reason (probably the panic of it all) I thought it was made by qhy! Of course it starlight express, feel stupid now but will get in touch and hopefully get it fixed ASAP. Dave is going to give me a loan of a guide cam in the meantime as well, at least it's early in the season, only just getting dark enough in Scotland 

Archived