Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Kent

Via

Always been interested in astronomy since being a kid but living in London was a struggle ever seeing more than the moon.

Kent not much better but do a few Brecon trips so I've treated myself to a Celestron NexStar 127SLT. Currently on back order though so trying to be patient and reading as much as I can.

Also love photography so got a T ring ready hoping to learn some astrophotography. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum,.

So you have ordered a new scope eh, no wonder the clouds are back :clouds2::clouds1:.

When I got my first scope it was cloudy for 3 weeks and that is supposed to be the norm.  But I am sure there are plenty of clear nights to come so enjoy it and feel free to ask any questions on this forum. Everybody is friendly and nobody will judge you so help is always at hand.

Steve

Welcome to SGL, I'm in Kent just.

Don't know whereabouts in Kent you are but we have a small group that meet up once a month, weather permitting, at a small camp site near Hurst Green, not quite as dark as Brecon but a bit nearer :grin:

Dave

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :) I'm in Rainham.

Would be nice to meet up with any groups local (or Brecon way when I'm there) currently got a lot of spare time on hands as working from home following an accident, but won't bore you all with that now.

Yeah weather did seem to take a turn for the worse as soon as I hit order button. I have got an old Meade refractor that I took to Brecon last year when I was there for a week... Ended up staying in boot of car while it stayed overcast (and snowed) entire time I was there.

I am in Kent as well, near Tonbridge. Interested in the Hurst Green meetup.

Orpington Astronomy Club camp out near Bewl in the winter, some of the astrophotography they post up is very impressive.

Can't wait, I'm impatient with deliveries at the best of times. To be fair when ordered it said 10 days, that hasn't stopped me checking order status page 3-4 times a day since. 

Welcome on board from yet another Kent bloke.

Patience is definitely one thing you will have to learn to have lots of with the hobby.  Like yourself, though, I always get excited when I'm waiting for a new piece of kit to turn up.

Have fun.

Archived