Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A short Eastern Veil in RGB *Updated with more data*

peter shah

(Left)This is work in progress RGB of the Eastern Veil Nebula...I will be adding more to this but I wanted to see what I could squeeze out of the limited data I had.  Imaged with my AG12 Newtonian and H35 Starlight Xpress CCD

Exposure times were 2x 900s in Red and Blue and 1x 600s in Green.

My mount is at capacity and needs very fine balancing so the guiding was not at its best.
Thanks for looking 
Peter

(Right) Got some more data last night...was a beautiful night...spent most of it tweaking the mount...but managed enough to get something nice....the H-alpha really helped extend the delicate tendrils from the nebula. 

Exoposure times are 2x 1800 s of H-alpha, 4x 900s in Red and Blue, 4x 600s in Green for a total exposure of 3 hours and 40mins

Eastern Veil.jpgEastern Veil HRGB.jpg

Thank you for the feed back.

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

The one on the right has much better controlled stars--looks very nice.  They both do, but the one on the right is easier to view.  

Rodd

I had be quite careful when control the stars especially when adding the h-alpha as it can cause colour casts

Archived