Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep20_banner.thumb.jpg.c34e90166f1f5aa93f5211765a962cda.jpg

Hi all,

I have been gifted a pair of Arena Observation 25x100 binoculars and a Slik Pro 700DX tripod. I have trawled the internet, but have been unable to find any information on the binoculars. Could someone kindly provide me with any info on them, they seem pretty damn good.

TIA

Are they branded Arena or Eshenbach.

Can you supply an image?

Edited by Charic

The only marking on them is 'Arena Observation'. From looking around the web I came to the conclusion that they were made by Eschenbach, but couldn't confirm this.

.........very little information on these bins as you said. I'm sure someone will find something?
Can you provide an image, sometimes the style/shape can help better identify a product or its clone?

Edited by Charic
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for looking. I cant believe that will all the pages of info on the web that there is no mention of these binoculars!! ?

I was browsing between jobs today, iPhone got down to 2% so had to shut it down ( no charger with me, but good enough excuse to buy a new black braided lightning cable instead of the standard Apple white! can get some power from the radio's USB)  but yes, there's very little, in-fact I don't even see that Eschenbach  even make 25x100's.

......someone else will  no doubt come along soon with a list of links................maybe?

Fingers crossed. They may seem a bit much to start out with but a gift is a gift right?

Absolutely, especially when you credit them as "pretty damn good"

I'm hoping the clouds clear  tonight so that I can test my new fence panel screen, just using my 15x70's, see if there's any improvement over what I can see, given that the panels might just shield the stray lights a little better than what I'm used too!

I too am hoping for a clear night. Had these bins for a few days now and I've not had a chance to see what they can do. Other than looking a hillside during daylight!

No matter what you receive or buy, if you think their good, you'll state their good, however, there are better binoculars out there?
However, go out and borrow or buy the better version and see for yourself if their really any better for your eyes! If they are you'll want to move on, but if not, you'll keep what works best for you.

I bought some cheap 15x70's and have often discounted them, then just like a telescope, used from a darker site, there's no doubt the image is better, but I still think these present binoculars in my case are holding me back, there's something not right? so I  want to obtain another set of 15x70's from a known, better brand, to further assess my requirement. 

I stopped looking Saturday night, found nothing ?
They do look nice! Maybe now someone may see some similarity to another brand possibly, in order to identify and achieve the aim of getting some sort of .pdf document with the binocular specifications.

Edited by Charic

Thanks again for looking. Hopefully there is somebody out there who has seen these before or knows something about them. Would really like to know the specs/details.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gazer 1996
      Barely used, no damage.
      £40 or nearest offer
      Contact me for anymore information!

• By BinocularSky
      The July edition of the Binocular Sky Newsletter is ready. Astronomical darkness returns to the southern part of the UK this month, and we have:
      * Yet another "promising" comet
      * Asteroid Ceres
      * Neptune and Uranus return
      I hope this helps you to fill your evenings (actually, more likely pre-dawn mornings!) enjoyably.
      To pick up your free copy, just head over to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab, where you can subscribe (also free, of course) to have it emailed each month, and get archived copies.

• By Dannomiss
      So after ordering the skywalker heritage telescope (awaiting 3 weeks for delivery), I decided after reading through a lot of posts on here to also purchase some binoculars so I can start getting used to the sky and what to look for. (Althought its now cloudy for the next 2 weeks. Typical!

Anyway, at first I ordered the Praktica 7x50 Falcon Porro Prism Binoculars which cost £27. I was advised that the 7 x 50 would be the best for my needs because of the wide view. However I decided in the end to purchase the Olympus 10x50 DPS I Binoculars which cost £59.99. I am not sure I ahve made the right decision, but I made the decision on the basis of my eyesight and that even with glasses I have certain eye issues and thought the extra magnification would help. Even though I udnerstand the lense shake and stability hence the original 7 x 50 choice.

The Olympus also had a lot more reviews and positive feedback. Well they arrive tomorrow so I will feedback on what i think. 🙂

What do others have and recommend? And have a I made the right choice?

• By RH323
      I'm fairly new and on one of my daily stargazing sessions I viewed, with the naked eye, a huge passing light going SE, from my perspective it was brighter and bigger than any stars, planets or meteors that I've seen before. It was roughly the size of a baseball. 
      If this was a star -> . 
      this is roughly how big it looked -> O
      It had a trail of similar size, seemingly dusty. It also passed and disappeared between Corona Borealis and one of Hercules' legs. 
      Viewed on May 16th, 22:00- 23:40 

I assumed, based on recent headlines, that it was Comet Swan, but upon further investigation, that was far from true. 
      Comet Swan should not be visible with the naked eye, and definitely not to the degree I saw. Additionally, based on my coordinates* it wouldn't even cross the sky I saw, it would be below the horizon. 
      (*roughly 15 °N, 120 °E, PH)

Considering again the magnitude of the object amd the fact that I viewed it with the naked eye discounts it from being an asteroid or meteor*. 
      (*More possible but still hard to believe with its size, you wouldn't even see something like that during meteor showers)

So I then researched if it could be space debris. I thought that something as big as that should be covered by a news article somewhere. 
      *The only results were of the 18 ton Chinese Rocket but it couldn't be that because:
      A. It passed over Los Angeles and New York then fell into the Atlantic Ocean, with some pieces landing in Africa. Meaning it wouldn't pass over my country.
      B. That happened 5 days before my viewing, on May 11 at 11:33 AM ET (08:33 PDT)

It's still possible but it just seems unlikely, and with how big it was I'd assume that it would attract some media attention but I cant find anything else. 
      Does anyone have any idea what it could have been? I have to know. If it was debris then all I need is confirmation.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/16/chinese-rocket-falls-to-earth-space-debris-problem-worsens.html
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/5/13/21256484/china-rocket-debris-africa-uncontrolled-reentry-long-march-5b

• By thehappypleiades
      Hi, newbie here! I’m hoping to get some advice on some star-gazing binoculars. I’ve read through the forum and I’ve decided to stay away from zoom bino’s because I’m just starting out, and I will eventually look into telescopes and whatnot if I wish to see the skies in more detail! 

So I’ve pretty much settled on something between 8 x 42 and 10 x 50. Please let me know the best ones in this range!!! 
      I’ve read some reviews on the Helios Lightquest HR 10x50’s so any advice on those would be great too! I’m open to suggestions but what I’m really hoping to get is a sturdy pair of first binoculars that I can keep around for the long run, and hopefully drag around on many adventures. I’m willing to invest in a tripod as well for focused gazing, although I plant to keep them around my neck for a while so I can get used to them! 

I’m also unsure of how to find a great lightweight tripod so any links would be great! Love the forum so far and I’m excited to start observing the skies!

Happy Stargazing,
      thehappypleiades

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.