Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 RGB 5x5m each

AstroAndy

Hello all

So, after a long time (about 3 years) I dusted off the old equipment, and, after running into every problem known to man, from guiding, outdated drivers to energy supply, which I spent a few nights correcting on after the other, I finally came up with these stepping stones to my HaLRGB image (which I'll post in due course). Shot under about 1/4 moon in a public park (lights!) in about a Bortle 6 area, I am happy w/ this image.

Andy

RGB Final.png

And, as ever, when you have a limited number of frames, you can bet a blasted aeroplane/satellite flies through at least one of them!  Nevertheless, the image really is well worth the aggravation it seems you had to get it.  Certainly a good effort after a three year lay-off.  Well done.  

Of course...you don't even know the half of it, some guys come walking by, and when I politely but firmly asked them not to shine light in the scope, and step lightly, one of them of course had to stamp hard; he actually yelled at my telescope, gotta love that hobby sometimes. Lastly, due to an uneasy alliance, the satellite trail and I became friends.

It’s a brave person who tries to set up a telescope at night on their own anywhere near where the “general public” might be.  There always seems to be somebody who wants to cause problems, just because they can.  Always best to go mob-handed if you have to go out.

Thanks guys, not especially brave, I just really wanted to get going again (this was more of a shakedown and test run while there are short nights), once I'm fully operational again, you;ll find me in the deep dark places of the world (or not, as the case may be).

Archived