SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

filter for astro modefying my camera

william_swe1

So i have decided to astromodefy my old 1000d. Having looked up how to do it, i see people replacing the original filter with a ir filter or just a clear filter. Do i have to switch the filter out or can i just leave the filter space empty? If not, can anyone link me to i site where i can buy one. I have on intentions for using the camera for anything other than astrophotography.

You can leave The filter/galass off. There is another clear piece of glass over this raw sensor so it will be protected. The only issue would be if you wanted to use autofocus, that won't work anymore, but for astro it's all manual focus.

I didn't replace the glass on my DSLR and its fine.

If you are using it with a telescope and not a lens then you just need to remove the filter closest to the sensor, the blue ish one. You dont need to replace it with anything as you will not need autofocus. 

Archived