Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart & Soul unplanned union

Adreneline

A few weeks back I managed to image the Heart (IC1805) with the intention fo going back for the Soul (IC1848) at some stage.

Last night, in the last 90 minutes or so before dawn, I captured the Soul (10x300s Ha; 10x300s OIII) and much to my surprise managed to get a small overlap which Registar made short work of combining into one haphazard looking mosaic. It is hard to imagine the two nebula are actually 1000 lightyears apart.

I've done the best I can with my limited PI and PS skills to make the seams disappear. If anyone knows how to make the seams disappear completely I'd love to know how it's done.

141520799_HeartSoul-SGL.thumb.jpg.9e494bb9d80382974d852ce3190e71c1.jpg

Both imaged with the Samyang 135 (at f2) and the Atik428ex.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

Very nice image. With regards to the seam; load each of the separate images into photoshop and copy and paste one onto a new layer in the other. Drop the opacity of the copied layer a bit so that you can still see it but also see through it. Move it around until its aligned and raise the opacity again. Create a layer mask and use a large feathered brush to brush out the seam. You can try different opacities on the brush to get the effect you want. Using curves, colour matcher etc, adjust the images so that the baground sky looks the same, then flatten the image ready to process further.

Or; import the image as a single image into photoshop and select the seam with the magic wand selection tool (set to a low number), feather it, copy it in to a new layer and then play with levels, curves, colour etc to try and get a match.

There are a million ways to do anything in photoshop so the above are only suggestions. There will be other ways that may work better for you.

12 hours ago, Tiny Small said:

There are a million ways to do anything in photoshop ...

Indeed there are! The image above is a single image created in Registar and imported into PS. I tried using a brush to blend the seams but I did not think to selected the seam area and copy it into a new layer. I will give that one a go so thank you very much for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, PaulB said:

And with a 428EX

I love my 428ex, especially using it with the Samyang 135mm. I am hoping to get a Samyang 85mm to use with my 414osc and experiment combining the one-shot rgb with the nb from the 428.

Thank you both for the kind comments.

Adrian

Archived