Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula Long Focal Length

HunterHarling

The Cresent Nebula, NGC6888, is an emission nebula in the constilation Cygnus. It was formed from the steller wind of the Wolf-Rayet star WR 136 (HD 192163) colliding with the steller wind of other nearby stars, and thus creating two shock waves, one moving out, and one moving in.

My image is composed of 9 hours of Oxygen III, and 5 hours of Hydrogen Alpha, captured at F7 verses F2 with Hyperstar like my previous Crescent, combined in an HOO color combination.

Technical details:

Edge HD 800

Asi1600mm pro

Zwo Ha, Oiii.

Oiii: 108×300s

Ha: 60×300s

Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.

1961063752_1533577884428_NGC6888LRGB(1of1).thumb.jpg.3e9be1d3f21f9c768a096ec1a1b4955b.jpg

Questions / comments welcome! 

Thanks for looking!

You've done exceptionally well with this. That outer shell can be a real pain to capture but you've managed superbly. A very clean image too. I may have to shorten my subs and drastically increase the number. Last time I tried this, I was using 900s exposures on the O3 and it didn't come out anywhere near as good as this.

7 hours ago, Tiny Small said:

You've done exceptionally well with this. That outer shell can be a real pain to capture but you've managed superbly. A very clean image too. I may have to shorten my subs and drastically increase the number. Last time I tried this, I was using 900s exposures on the O3 and it didn't come out anywhere near as good as this.

Thanks.

Thats interesting, because after I started capturing this, I thought I should have done at least 600 seconds. I usally guess about sub exposure length, so I am surprised this one turned out so well.

Archived