Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars with new scope 5th August UK

Magnum

First image with my new Dome & Scope. Mars at 00:21 with my 12" LX200GPS at f20 working at a focal length of about 6.1 metres with  Altair GPCam2 IMX224,

seeing was quite poor due to its low altitude, even though it was a nearly perfect night.

Lee

MarsAugust8.jpg

Excellent image Lee.  Pleased to see it as I too was observing around that time, around an hour before.  Using a 152mm 4.8 David Levy Mak-Newt it is similar to what I had observed - at least when I had managed to convert your orientation to that of my Newtonian focus!  :smile:

Chris the recent dust storm has now died down, a couple of weeks ago the pole was indeed filtered by the dust and off white / reddish in colour as well as most surface features being obscured, but in the last week the features have gradually been reappearing and the night i took this the atmosphere was almost back to its normal transparency.

Lee

Archived