Bullseye charts for FoV?

I'm taking advantage of the warm, relatively light summer nights to do some more double star observing.  I'm (very) slowly working my way through Sissy Haas's book.  One of the many things I am finding difficult is remembering what portion of the FoV a particular eyepiece/scope combination provides.  I have a table of this on the observatory wall, but it still takes me a while to work out how that will translate into what I expect to see in the eyepiece.

It struck me that a simpler way to provide this information would be a 'bullseye' type chart for each eyepiece/telescope combination with concentric rings at set angular distances, say arcminutes, 5 arc minutes or 10 arc minutes intervals, depending on the eyepiece.  This would really help me quickly visualise which is the most appropriate eyepiece to view each double star and give me an idea where to look for the secondary in the field of view.

Now here is my question.  Can anyone suggest a quick and accurate way of the type of creating charts such I describe above?

Thanks

Hiya Michael,

Sky Safari provides something very similar as it lets you add a multitude of scopes and eyepieces to select from when selecting targets. It then displays what you can see for any given configuration within an a circle that represents your selection/s, they can then be printed and used as a guide. Not quite what you wanted but I find the function quite useful as a reference when selecting targets ?

Archived