SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn & Mars from 02 August

Stargazer33

No where good enough for the imaging challenge on planets, but my best for a LONG time. I think I've imaged more in the last couple of weeks than I have in the last couple of years!

Anyway, for what they're worth here they are:

2018-08-02-2157_0_Saturn.png.fdb832f02fefad3b4f716467d944985c.png2018-08-02-2252_8_Mars.png.7c6bf2bb344a79dec438c47b54ddddcc.png

This is an image from Winjupos for Mars at the time of capture:

2018-08-02-2252.0-Mars-NR.png.14c5d0e551e1eca5ca08a08d775fed15.png

C9.25; CGEM; ES 3× tele extender; Zwo ADC; QHY5LIIc

Captured in EZP, sorted & centred in PIPP, stacked in Autostakkert2, wavelets in RS6, final processing in PS CS4 extended.

56 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Both planets look great! i will give them both a go tonight if these clouds clear out, i hope i can capture Mars as well as yours.

Thanks, Saturn looked very promising last night as I could see the Casini Division in the live feed from the camera. I must admit that I thought I would be able to get more detail than I have as the seeing was so good. Maybe it's to do with the fact that despite having an SSD drive and the usb running at up to 130 fps, the drive only seems to be able to handle a max of 15 fps and averages at between 3 & 8 fps!

Good luck for tonight, I hope the clouds clear for you.

16 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Two very nice images Bryan and definitely worthy of the planetary competition.

Thanks Pete, I think Avani has got that one sewn up! ? And to be honst, we've got too many mugs already.?

It always was going to be who will be second and third.?

33 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Great images, lots of nice detail in your Mars.  Well done!

Thanks! It looks like the dust storm hasn't quite stopped yet, but there is definitely some detail coming through now.

Avani's images are superb, he produces some the best Lunar/Planetary images around at the moment. 

The level of detail is probably unobtainable from the UK, especially at the moment. Given the UK conditions and the position of the planets you have done equally as well.

On 04/08/2018 at 21:48, MarsG76 said:

Have you seen what I posted... these are plenty good enough for challenges...

Great work.

Thanks Mariusz

I think your post of Mars is very good! Lots of detail showing there.

On 05/08/2018 at 12:10, morimarty said:

Lovely images those Bryan. Especially the Mars image.

Thanks Martyn!

On 05/08/2018 at 12:10, morimarty said:

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Avani's images are superb, he produces some the best Lunar/Planetary images around at the moment. 

The level of detail is probably unobtainable from the UK, especially at the moment. Given the UK conditions and the position of the planets you have done equally as well.

Thanks Pete, very kind of you to say.

I love looking at Avani's images. As you say, they are superb. I must say, I have given up commenting on them, because what can you say that hasn't been said already dozens of times. I just click the reaction button! ? ?

2 hours ago, Ruud said:

Wonderful images, Bryan, both of them. Great job!

Thanks Ruud! It's taken me a while to get everything working together after quite a long break. I still need to check collimation and work out a plan for my focusing rather than just winging it!!!

Archived