Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

John

Another milestone passed on SGL

I've been rather busy recently posting on the Skywatcher ED150 so I've just noticed that I have passed 40K posts on this wonderful forum today :icon_biggrin:

Many thanks to FLO, the admins and the mods for creating and maintaining this unique place to share our hobby. And thanks to the members here for putting up with me for 10+ years :icon_salut:

• Like 30

Nice one John! Amazing milestone, so much you have given to the forum. Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many congratulations John.

It seems only a short while ago that you passed 30K, but with much Astro knowledge and experience, your services on this forum are always sought after, and this keeps you busy on SGL. 

Long may it continue. :smiley:

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, John. Many thanks for everything you've shared. I'm sure the amount spent on eyepieces by SGL members based on your excellent reviews and advice far exceeds your post count ;) From a personal perspective, I've seen an awful lot that I wouldn't have done without your reports for inspiration or advice on how to see/find targets. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Nice one John. A fine contributor. That's a lot of help and advice you have given.

• Thanks 1

40k really is quite an incredible amount of posts John, I can only imagine how many people you have helped on how may occasions. Thanks for everything you do for the forum, I always enjoy your very well informed posts :) 

Jeez, 40k! 8k feels like a lot ;) 

Just noticed you and Stu have around 20k likes! you guys must be doing something right ?

Edited by Lockie
  • Thanks 1

40k posts and 10 years, quite a notable achievement John.

There was me getting excited counting down to my 2000th post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gina said:

Beats me!  ?

And you beat most people, Gina ;) 

• Thanks 1

WOW, nice one.... that's some serious amount of key strokes.

• Thanks 1

John, just a thought.

If I posted 10 posts every day, it would take me 10.2 years to get to 40k posts and I will have reached a milestone....75 years old. ?

Steve

Edited by sloz1664
  • Haha 1

Congratulations John, thanks for your enthusiasm and expertise and please don't ever stop! :)

• Thanks 1

Congratulations John for such a great contribution to the forum! :)

• Thanks 1

Let me see, 40K posts, 365x10=3,650....40K divided by 3,650 = WOW 10+posts a day average!

that's some dedication to the hobby, and this forum, congratulations!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Thanks 1

Average posts per day...  that's interesting...  and not including The Lounge whichdoesn't count.

Good work, John.  Thanks also from me for your invaluable contributions - and encouragement!

Doug.

• Thanks 1