Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars (of course) C6 SCT on AZ-GTi

Stinky_Pete

Really pleased with this!

Took a punt on the SW AZ-GTi with the Celestron C6 SCT for a grab and go combo and i have to say im realy pleased with the result. A bit of wobble when focusing but other than that tracks well and i can move it around the garden (which i could not do with the pier) and find a good spot to get Mars at opposition. Chuffed with the amount of detail the little scope could manage as well. It also means i can finally finish my first solar system family portrait 

:)

Mars 020818.jpg

family portrait.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well done! There's lots of detail in that Mars pic.

I have been thinking of exactly the same setup - AZ GTi + C6 - so can you give a few more details of how well it works? Are you using the tripod that comes with the mount or something beefier? How many seconds of shake do you get after focusing? What kinds of magnification have you tried visually?

• 2 weeks later...

I would think a second or two of vibration after hitting the scope but not enough to interfere with viewing. After you have found focus its fine and it can hold up to my 4 and 7 year old viewing through it. I would not want to put more than this scope and camera on it tho

Archived