Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first telescope

On 08/08/2018 at 00:30, hjw said:

If you are interested solely in observation, I would go for a dobsonian. I found that Astro Anarchy (http://www.astroanarchy.com.au/telescopes.html) probably has the best prices in Australia. Within you price range you can look at the 6" or 8" Skywatcher Dob.

Wow that is cheap compared to other aussie stores , thank you !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all ,

I’m just curious , there is a $150 difference between the “SkyWatcher 8" Dobsonian Telescope” and the “SkyWatcher Black Diamond 8" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope”.

is the later worth the price difference?

also the difference in aperture between 6” and 8” dob is about 50 , practically is it a big difference?

The price difference is only worth it if the collapsed dob can be stored somewhere that the solid tube can't. There shouldn't be any difference in performance between the two. 

The additional aperture of the 8 over the 6 will enable you to see all DSOs better. However, this can be said for every apperture increase and so you have to draw the line somewhere. 

Archived