Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Toxophilus

COMPLETED - Meade 8" LX90 EMC Schmidt Cassegrain and a Lot of Extras - SOLD

Due to a telescope upgrade I now have available my LX90 and a lot of accessories to go with it. The OTA itself has been upgraded and improved a lot it has had the following upgrades:

Thrust bearing upgrade to smooth focusing
    Screws replaced with stainless
    Bob Knobs collimation knobs
    Flocked tube to improve image contrast

The scope comes with all the standard accessories: 

Meade 8x50 Finder Scope
    Meade 26mm super plössl eyepiece
    Meade 1.25" eyepieve connector
    Meade #918A 1.25" Diagonal Prism
    Meade Autostar hand controller and external control and update cables
    Meade field tripod
    and manuals

Plus having used it for imaging and having de-forked the OTA to use it on a German Equatorial Mount it also comes with the following extras to allow a variety of options for both visual and imaging options:

ADM Counterweight and accessory rail for 8" SCT
    ADM Losmandy Dovetail for 8" SCT
    Star Sharp Bhatinov Mask
    DewZap Dew Shield
    JMI Electronic focus controller for Meade LX90
    Celeston f6.3 focal reducer
    Astro Engineering hand controller holder
    Meade variable projection tele-extender
    Astro Engineering Align Mate
    Meade 07567 f3.3 focal reducer and variable T-Adaptor
    1.25" Clear Sky CCD Filter
    1.25" Light Polution Filter
    1.25" OIII filter
    Power supply for Meade LX90
    Meade equatorial wedge with adaptor for the LX90

The scope has now been put back onto its forks and tested. If you want to see detailed photographs of everything then please have a look at: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gp5a1yf-3ypq_lzYzvVGi9l_ug03mNZb
there is even a short video showing the mount working there. As for the capabilities of the scope you can see a few examples of images taken with this scope at:

https://www.astrobin.com/293004
    https://www.astrobin.com/332967
    https://www.astrobin.com/352788
    https://www.astrobin.com/288931
    https://www.astrobin.com/289586
there are even more on my astrobin page:                 
    https://www.astrobin.com/users/toxophilus

Unfortunately due to the size and weight of the scope, the amount of kit I'm selling and lack of boxes, I can only do collection only.

I'm looking for offers around £1000 for everything. But I'm willing to consider splitting if you don't want it all, just let me know what you are interested in and we can work out a price. For just the scope and standard accessories, I'm looking for offers in the region of £700, so for just £300 extra you are getting a lot of options. A quick add up of what this has all cost me new comes out at around £2500.

I can accept payment via bank transfer, cash or pay-pal (buyer covers fees)

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

IMG_5264.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5317a.JPG

Edited by Toxophilus
The scope is now sold

I have lowered the price on this:

I'm now looking for offers around £900 for everything. But I'm willing to consider splitting if you don't want it all, just let me know what you are interested in and we can work out a price. For just the scope and standard accessories, I'm looking for offers in the region of £600.

A quick add up of what this has all cost me new comes out at around £2500.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DiZZyViZiON
      Hi. Complete newbie to the hobby here. Just purchased a Meade Lightbridge 130 for my daughter as an upgrade to her Skywatcher Infinity 76. I'd like for her to see the rings of Saturn sometime with her new scope. Would getting a better lens improve her chances of a good view of the rings of Saturn? And if so, what lens would you recommend. Thank you
    • By kaslonpro
      I am excited to join this big star gazing community! I realize I am abusing of your kindness, so that you in advance for any help you can give.
      I have an old telescope, what appears to be a Meade ETX 90 from the early 2000s. I cleaned it pretty well after many Youtube videos and online research. I found full blown spider webs and dead spiders!
      I have encountered a few of issues as I'm putting it back together and I wonder if anyone might be able to help.
      1. I took off the screws of the back of my OTA (I know I shouldn't have!) and now I'm not sure how to put them back on (see attachments). When I try it seems to push the primary mirror instead of fastening to anything. 
      2. My secondary mirror flip is broken, the plastic piece part fell off. Is it possible to fix? The mirror itself is also very dirty (see attachments) and I don't think it can be cleaned further. Any tips on how to replace it and where to buy the parts? Or is it possible to not use the 90 eye piece viewport and instead use the front one so I don't need to fix the flip or the mirror?
      4. My secondary baffle is sliding off. I've read that this is a problem w/older models. I tried pushing it to the right place and it requires some force, but after 1 minute it slides back to its original place. What should I do? Does this matter?
      5. The plastic attachment to hold the smaller lens (finderscope?) wobbles no matter how tightly I screw it on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the front plastic part being a little broken.
      Thank you for your help in advance, and I am still learning terminology so be easy on me

• By Varavall
      I am selling my Meade LX90 8" EMC with many accessories due to equipment upgrade, so this lovely scope needs a new home. All in excellent condition; no rust, battery boxes spotless, all motors function perfectly, holds collimation extremely well (only had to collimate once in the past 2 years), when well polar aligned I have achieved 3 minute unguided DSLR exposures.
      What's included:
      Meade LX90 8" EMC (in original Meade foam-filled shipping box)
      Meade 8x50 finderscope
      Meade standard field tripod

Meade equatorial wedge (replacement bolts to hold telescope and adjust azimuth)
      Meade AUDIOSTAR handset (under 2 years old) in original box (Provides much more functionality than the original Autostar)
      Meade UHTC flip-mirror system for photography
      Meade 1.25" eyepieces: 40mm 32mm 26mm 15mm 12.4mm 6.4mm
      Meade 1.25" telenegative amplifier air spaced triplet barlow
      Meade series 4000 1.25" filters x5
      Meade erecting prism and a 90° eyepiece holder
      Celestron 2" Mirror diagonal Starbright XLT with 1.25" adapter in original aluminium case
      Meade #505 cable connector set to connect PC to handset to control mount and update firmware
      Meade ST-4 module for connecting a guide camera to the mount
      Meade handset holder
      Meade front counterweight
      Jessops flight case to hold eyepieces, etc.
      PRICE: SOLD
      Please ask for more photos/information. Price includes shipping to Western Europe. Paypal preferred.

SOLD
    • By Jagerduffers
      Hi
      could anyone tell me how I can reset the atomic time on a LNT SMARTFINDER SCOPE for Meade etx 90.
      i upgraded to a LNT SMARTFINDER RED DOT SCOPE. But now I cannot set the time on the scope

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.