Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Davey-T

New spot

A new spot has appeared in the bright patch lower east side of the disc, trying to image it through poor seeing.

Dave

• Like 4

Woohoo! I’m guessing it’s pretty small though right? Away for work at the moment, so won’t get a chance to observe anything till Thursday evening. 

I presume that you're talking about Mars... this morning I saw a distinct brighter spot just below the polar cap... there was a  dark marking stretching from horizon to horizon along just off the equator. One side had the darker marking spur off toward the other polar region, which was not as big as the other side. Magnification used was 370X.

It certainly was the best observation of Mars to date... I was hoping to repeat this tonight, but could and rain... pffffft.

19 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I presume that you're talking about Mars.

No the Sun :)

Dave

AR-01-08-18.png.affd1376a77b0af286ef619fc8764ee9.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

No the Sun :)

Dave

AR-01-08-18.png.affd1376a77b0af286ef619fc8764ee9.png

HAHA, my mistake..... if I actually looked closer and realised that this is in Observing SOLAR section, than I would have spared my self the embarrassment.

• Haha 1