Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ GTi - Cannot Connect - Android

Tristan

I have just received my Skywatcher AZ GTi mount but am unable to get the SynScan Pro app (or the basic SynScan app) to connect to the mount on my Galaxy S9+ (running Android 8.0.0). It just says "Cannot Connect".

I downloaded the app on my iPad and it connected to the mount without any problems.

Is there a bug/problem with the Android app?

Have you connected to the mounts own WIFI connection. If the mount is fresh out of the box you should see a new WIFI network in your phone's settings called something like SynScan_xxxx. Connect to this and then the Synscan app should be able to connect to the mount.

Once you're connected you should be able to set the mount up to connect to your home wifi, so you can connect to it via you standard wifi connection. It's best to leave the standalone wifi connection running as well, otherwise you'll not be able to connect if you take it out of range of your home Wifi. 

If you can connect to the mount via your home WiFi. You could try changing the settings for the built in network. Perhaps give it a password, change it’s name or set a specific channel number. All of these might allow you to connect via your phone. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been so frustrated with the AZ-GTI - hoping I can get some help too

Here's the situation - the AZ-GTI WiFi can never stay on long enough to connect to ANY device I have. I've tried with my Android, iPad, iPhone, and computer. And here's the kicker, I've tried to connect to 3 different motormounts and failed. I bought the first one, reached out to SkyWatcher tech support and sent it in. They send me a replacement and it fails. I send the unit back to the store I purchased and request a replacement and get a third one, and that one fails too!

Here's what happens: The unit turns on and sometimes I will see the SynScan_cd09 SSID pop up. I click on it and I get an "Authentication failed" message. That's if I'm lucky enough to see the SynScan SSID - what usually happens is I dont see that SSID but instead it turns into ESP_14CD09 SSID (notice the CD09 they both have). I can connect to this one but when I go to the SynScan Pro app and ask to find devices, it fails.

I'm hoping you folks have some suggestions cause in a few days i'm just going to pack it up, get a refund and never pick up another SkyWatcher product again. And to me, a handheld unit is not an option. This device was created to avoid the need of purchasing another $200 device to operate it. 

thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Mikeysweet, i'm getting exactly the same problem as this. The strange thing is it works absolutely fine 100 yards up the road or down the road from my home!

I have tried switching off home wi-fi without any success.

Changed channels by taking 100yards away and changing the settings - checked which were free beforehand, the default was channel 6 - but still no joy.

I'm stumped as to what could be causing this.

You don't live in Leicestershire by any chance do you?

Archived