Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Live telescope online

Hi everyone! I'm new in astronomy and I'm searching a website, which enables live viewing in space for free! 

I don't mean to websites that show pictures of plants\stars!!

I'm searching a website that enables to watch live in space, to make zoom and to see the gases of space in the screen ( like it's seen through a real telescope).

Hoping to get some help  :)

Thanks!! :))

I think the closest thing to what you're looking for is a "Demonstration Membership" at ITelescope...

Though as I understand it you can only "look" through the scopes and you get no control over the scope.

I can't imagine there's a site that offers their telescopes for free and if so they'd probably be booked out for quite some time

Hi,

I think we are all searching that one :)

Sometimes astronomers put up live feeds of what their telescopes are doing, but if you want to able to control the telescope, then it can start to get expensive.

Tim

Not quite sure I can find you that, although I do know of a project very soon to be up and running from Spain with some amazing scopes at a dark site you will be able to book the use of remotely... but I'm afraid it will cost! I'm guessing there will be more and more of these popping up in the future as investment opportunities ? But they've got some pretty expensive gear going in there and they ain't a charity...

In the meantime I use Slooh.com loads... You can join free but that won't allow you to book time slots to use the scopes which are in the Canaries and Chile... It will allow you to watch other peoples sessions though and you can take your own snapshots during them (not ideal but interesting) I took this snap of the lunar eclipse which is awesome (I know nothing like seeing and taking it yourself in the garden) They also have Canary5 which is a solar cam which I often run live and mirror it onto my TV in the lounge... Now that really warms the room up I can tell you!! 

I'm lucky now as I have moved in with my long time girlfriend who has a garden and secure brick built outbuilding (telescope manshed) What a girl ? for the last 8 years I've been living in a first floor flat with no garden and 24 hour daylight courtesy of the retail/leisure park I'm next to... So I've really appreciated the online remote stuff. 

fullmoon_20180727_210848_0_8g9iqv_m.png

10 hours ago, New said:

Hi everyone! I'm new in astronomy and I'm searching a website, which enables live viewing in space for free! 

I don't mean to websites that show pictures of plants\stars!!

I'm searching a website that enables to watch live in space, to make zoom and to see the gases of space in the screen ( like it's seen through a real telescope).

Hoping to get some help  :)

Thanks!! :))

If you have a link to such a site, please post it.

If you're looking for a way to see the sky in a real-time scenario, try downloading Stellarium. It's free, and is a virtual sky. You can zoom in and out, click on desired objects and get all the pertinent information about them, search for specific objects, there's even a configuration box where you can input your own telescope specs, and then view an object and see it like you would through your own telescope. Stellarium will also control your telescope with the proper connections.

Thanks to everyone!!!

It's pretty upsetting that there's no any website which enables it for free.

Nevertheless, your comments helped me pals! if I will find a website that enables it, it will be shared here.

Thanks again! :)

I think you are forgetting about the costs involved. I am sure education bodies may get some free access or discounted/funded sessions. If you want to supply me with all the kit I will happily give you remote access 24/7 ? But in all seriousness you are looking eye watering amounts of money to get these things set up and most are for scientific work so handing over precious time to the public has to be paid for somehow.

Archived