Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big Mars

Davey-T

16 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Watch out you don't bang your head on it :grin:

Dave

682149654_Marstonight.PNG.adaad561a589b079b44bec9a23265b63.PNG

On the BBC1 Breakfast Programme this morning, an Astrophysicist from Bath University incorrectly stated that Mars was currently at the closest it will be until 2287, when in point of fact it will be closer in 2035, closer still in 2050, and even closer in 2082, although I have only a realistic chance of viewing the first of these events.

John

On 01/08/2018 at 13:40, Rob said:

At least they didn't say it would be as big as the moon!... (slaps head)

You beat me to it. Every opposition somebody tells me Mars will appear as big as the moon.

On 01/08/2018 at 10:36, johnturley said:

On the BBC1 Breakfast Programme this morning, an Astrophysicist from Bath University incorrectly stated that Mars was currently at the closest it will be until 2287, when in point of fact it will be closer in 2035, closer still in 2050, and even closer in 2082, although I have only a realistic chance of viewing the first of these events.

John

I also thought she mentioned light years. I was amused when the presenter asked had we missed it as if it would fly past like an aircraft. 

Archived