SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Skywatcher Evostar ED150 DS Pro Is Here !

11 hours ago, Saganite said:

snap !......well almost.

I had a close up with ED150 at the IAS recently, lovely scope at an incredible price, but I won't be parting with my F15.

IMG_0004.JPG

Nice scope. I guess i am not planning to see the SW150ed for a long while the way it looks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2018 at 12:21, FLO said:

If their "late Nov / early Dec" ETA is correct then it will be 1-2 months. 

A delay like this between first and second batches of a new Sky-Watcher product is not unusual. 

The importer has advised us the next shipment of Sky-Watcher Evostar 150ED Pro telescopes will dock early next week so should be available through retailers next Thu/Fri ? 

On 20/09/2018 at 12:07, FLO said:

We are hearing only that the next batch will have an improved box & packaging.

We hope it's true ? 

It is true. We hear the next batch will have a significantly improved box and packaging to ensure it survives even the most aggressive couriers. 

With this in mind we think an Es' Reid Check & Tune is unnecessary so have removed the option. Sky-Watcher's ED doublets have a reputation for robust, reliable construction. 

If John is happy to continue his review of the telescope then we will be pleased to supply him one. A regular one, not checked and tuned ? 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

Having owned a few chinese 150mm F/8 achromats, while I had some fun with them (especially when I added a Chromacor), in their standard form I'd much prefer an ED doublet. You don't get those for $300 though !

On the Skywatcher Evostar ED150, I'm still enthusiastic about trying another one whether it has been checked by ES Reid or not :icon_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, John said:

Having owned a few chinese 150mm F/8 achromats, while I had some fun with them (especially when I added a Chromacor), in their standard form I'd much prefer an ED doublet. You don't get those for $300 though !

On the Skywatcher Evostar ED150, I'm still enthusiastic about trying another one whether it has been checked by ES Reid or not :icon_biggrin:

We're excited to hear another review from you!?

• Thanks 1

I paid $2400 used for the APM shipping included. It was like 6 weeks old. Had it up to 1000x on the moon and i be darned the image was not bad. Very dim but still looked ok.  The CR6 was local so i had to try it out. It did fine with a 3mm Delite this am on the moon.  But as we all know there is color on many objects. But for 300 smackers it is not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2018 at 12:02, CHASLX200 said:

Well the thread has been dead jed so i spiced it up some to get some action back to this thread.

You have posted the same post and pix multiple times. Your new telescopes will gain more attention if you start a new discussion about them ? 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, CHASLX200 said:

I tried that before and just did another new thread and no action so that is why.

That is not reason enough to hijack another member's thread. Multiple times. 

Try posting more pictures and info in your own thread. 

• Like 4

On 02/12/2018 at 16:15, John said:

I'm enthusiastic about your future review John, but I'm in no rush to read about it. If your location is anything like mine, early spring time seems to offer consistently excellent conditions. With the moon high in the sky and a steady transparent atmosphere, some high power high definition viewing should be achievable, and it still gets dark early enough to offer great views of dso's. It might be worth holding onto it for a while! If the views through the 120ED are anything to go by the 150ED should be a very capable and enjoyable scope to use. And as much as I like Takahashi, no 150mm Tak is going to  offer £10,000.00 worth more in performance. This should be a review well worth patiently waiting for! :blob7:

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Geoff Barnes said:

Any news?...…………….😟

Another was made available to John but he suggested we wait until later in the year before reviewing it. 

Since John's unfortunate experience Sky-Watcher withdrew the telescope, upgraded its case and box/packaging then rereleased it. Since then a number have sold and all have survived delivery via courier. There have been no other customer returns, though we can of course only vouch for those sold at FLO. 

HTH, 

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FLO said:

Since John's unfortunate experience Sky-Watcher withdrew the telescope, upgraded its case and box/packaging then rereleased it.

👍 for Sky-watcher customer support.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FLO said:

Another was made available to John but he suggested we wait until later in the year before reviewing it. 

Since John's unfortunate experience Sky-Watcher withdrew the telescope, upgraded its case and box/packaging then rereleased it. Since then a number have sold and all have survived delivery via courier. There have been no other customer returns, though we can of course only vouch for those sold at FLO. 

HTH, 

Steve

Good news Steve.  I'm not the only one who  wondered why this thread seemed to have hit a brick wall of silence :smile:.