Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Skywatcher Evostar ED150 DS Pro Is Here !

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, CHASLX200 said:

So no news?

Nothing as yet. It's all gone quiet on the Skywatcher ED150 front.

I suspect that the importers are re-thinking their packaging and Synta are re-thinking the objective cell design, slightly.

I'm sure it will be a cracking scope when the above are sorted out :smiley:

All quiet in the US on this one as well ?

Here in the UK we are advised there are no plans to change the optics ? 

Their efforts are focused on helping the telescope survive delivery via courier. 

We are anticipating the next batch will be released around October, though that hasn’t been confirmed. The sooner they bring it back to market, the better ?

Steve 

• Like 1

Latest S@N magazine has a review in, including details of how the scope performs photographically.  I'm still on holiday at Kelling so haven't got my copy yet at home, but I noticed it on the newsagent shelf yesterday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tim said:

Latest S@N magazine has a review in, including details of how the scope performs photographically.  I'm still on holiday at Kelling so haven't got my copy yet at home, but I noticed it on the newsagent shelf yesterday.

Ah, but that was one of the Mk I's wasn't it ? :wink:

15 hours ago, Tim said:

Haven't seen it, but I'm sure it will be up to your normal standards Tim, thanks :)

On 26/09/2018 at 15:31, Stu said:

Haven't seen it, but I'm sure it will be up to your normal standards Tim, thanks :)

Thanks Stu.  I have just read the review to see how much resemblance it bears to what I wrote ;)

The editors, bless them, missed off a crucial detail. The part about the star test, should read:

Our green filter and 4.5mm lens gave a round star with concentric diffraction rings, 1mm of defocus either way giving a sharper pattern inside focus.

Italics reveal removed text. Without it the sentence is meaningless. You'll have to buy the magazine for the full review :) Or do a "John" in WH Smiths.....what a nerve :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/09/2018 at 18:15, FLO said:

We are anticipating the next batch will be released around October, though that hasn’t been confirmed. The sooner they bring it back to market, the better ?

45 minutes ago, CHASLX200 said:

Well it is Oct so something should  go down soon.

We hope so but our anticipation is based only on info heard your side of the pond. It has not been confirmed. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2018 at 12:07, FLO said:

We are hearing only that the next batch will have an improved box & packaging.

We hope it's true ? 

On 25/09/2018 at 18:15, FLO said:

Here in the UK we are advised there are no plans to change the optics ? 

Their efforts are focused on helping the telescope survive delivery via courier. 

On 01/10/2018 at 13:04, FLO said:

... our anticipation is based only on info heard your side of the pond. It has not been confirmed. 

We now have an official ETA. "late Nov / early Dec". 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CHASLX200 said:

It could be months the way things are going.

If their "late Nov / early Dec" ETA is correct then it will be 1-2 months. (Of course things might be different on your side of the pond). 

A delay like this between first and second batches of a new Sky-Watcher product is not unusual. 

HTH, 

Steve 

On 22/10/2018 at 00:26, CHASLX200 said:

No news over here yet. AT least i got this to play with.

2prih61.jpg

snap !......well almost.

I had a close up with ED150 at the IAS recently, lovely scope at an incredible price, but I won't be parting with my F15.

IMG_0004.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saganite said:

....I had a close up with ED150 at the IAS recently, lovely scope at an incredible price...

Interesting that there was just one at that show and, I felt, it was not very prominently displayed.

3 minutes ago, John said:

Interesting that there was just one at that show and, I felt, it was not very prominently displayed.

Totally agree and so inconspicuous was it that I failed to spot it, until it was pointed out to me. :smiley:

• Like 1