Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Skywatcher Evostar ED150 DS Pro Is Here !

Of course one of the slight ironies with all this stuff on collimation of refractors is that the refractor is often the choice for folks who want a no hassle, no collimation adjustments, scope :rolleyes2:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, John said:

Of course one of the slight ironies with all this stuff on collimation of refractors is that the refractor is often the choice for folks who want a no hassle, no collimation adjustments, scope :rolleyes2:

Haha... My ears are burning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Ssshhh, John..

Otherwise the "steam funnel" brigade will be along to gloat!!:grin::grin:

Dave

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, John said:

Having just packed up the ED150 Pro (carefully !) to be returned I have to say that one person would need to take a lot of care to try and lift the package up on their own ! :shocked:

Precisely!  Fortunately, my hall floor was highly polished. ⛷️

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DRT said:

What is the collective noun for multiple gloats? 

It's known as "DobMobbery"...

"Manifested by groups of strange people who like to look down into large hollow tubes containing mirrors which need constant adjusting and nudging to show wrong way up fuzzy images of faint bits of fog". Source: "A Refractoraholics' Compendium of Superior Imagery" 

Dave?:grin:?

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Off topic (of the ED150) but perhaps we need a new thread on light hearted astronomical terms, eg: Exit Pupil = departure of bored astro student :grin:

Good one for a cloudy evening perhaps ?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

Me too Stu ! Really looking forward to the fallout from this one !:grin:

Ahem...if it needs to be said, I was only kid-ding!:D

PS: (and this is absolutely true). Last weekend I tried Goat for the first time: some friends invited us for supper to try their "Organic fed, Welsh Hills outdoor raised, Slow cooked Kid". I must say it was delicious, very like lamb, but less "greasy". ?

PPS: and I have recently sprouted a Goat-ee beard, much to the amusement of my children. So I can hardly be accused of being "Goatist", can I? :help::hiding:

IMG_20180815_101808936.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

PS: (and this is absolutely true). Last weekend I tried Goat for the first time: some friends invited us for supper to try their "Organic fed, Welsh Hills outdoor raised, Slow cooked Kid". I must say it was delicious, very like lamb, but less "greasy". ?

PPS: and I have recently sprouted a Goat-ee beard, much to the amusement of my children. So I can hardly be accused of being "Goatist", can I? :help::hiding:

Very fashionable Dave !

me2.jpg.24feed2d7ecab9f98834a40a098ada31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Very good Dave ! You look like an Astronomer now :grin:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, william123 said:

Has Evostar 150 number 3 arrived???  If not, why the delay?

First Light Optics are on the case and I'm sure I will get one as soon as it can be  checked out by Es Reid as per this post earlier in the thread:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/318540-the-skywatcher-evostar-ed150-ds-pro-is-here/?do=findComment&comment=3492258

It's worth remembering that I am not a paying customer for the scope. I'm being loaned them to test and report back to the forum on. I'm sure anyone who has parted with their hard earned cash will get priority for delivery and quite rightly so :)

• Like 4

On 19/08/2018 at 20:43, John said:

First Light Optics are on the case and I'm sure I will get one as soon as it can be  checked out by Es Reid as per this post earlier in the thread:

We should have another Evostar 150ED DS Pro for John, Es Reid tested, in 2-3 weeks. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2018 at 17:00, FLO said:

We should have another Evostar 150ED DS Pro for John, Es Reid tested, in 2-3 weeks. 

Es' is back from his hols but we are advised the first batch has sold out. 

We haven't been advised when the next batch will arrive but when it does we will arrange John receives one ? 

Hopefully the next batch will have improved box/packaging... 

Steve 

• Like 3