Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LRGB Data Set

Rodd

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, gorann said:

I only attended to use decon very selectively on brighter parts but got too many ringed stars with PI (I am sure different setteings would have worked), so I ended up using an old trusted PS filter that is also a deconvolution but with much fewer settings (actually just one), and I used it at the lowest setting

PixInsight:

mixer-827528_1280.thumb.jpg.d8c8745dadd6ef8c5108e0e63033e7e5.jpg

PS:

800px-Yamaha_MG10_2_Mixing_Console_on_wood_table.jpg.908baa2dd7e0ea5189e7ef5162aa7882.jpg

:evil6:

Rodd, I just realized, when I did the calculations while posting on Astrobin, that this was 49 hours of data! No wonder it was so clean (except for the gradient) so thanks again for charing!!!

22 minutes ago, gorann said:

Thanks Wim! I will give it a try, but it apparently means that I will have to do my first PI star mask?

604892099_Skrmklipp2018-08-0223_20_40.png.8a2ab97788f35d868bd2136683bfb78e.png

Creating the PSF of the stars is a bit trickier. Just make sure you use only stars which have a Moffat profile (not Gaussian), and an intensity (A) between about 0.1 and 0.9 About 20 stars is enought to create the psf

16 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Keep at it. Soon you'll have it as saturated as my version. :wink:

Yes, I expect we will finally converge into something "lagom". By the way, it is not the number of buttons you have, it is how you swing them....

46 minutes ago, wimvb said:

How do you "up the dark ringing parameter". Sorry to be such a novice on PI.....

And use the Dynamic PSF tool to create a PSF image that you use under External PSF in the top box.  There is a good Deconvolution tutorial under light vortex tutorial.  Just google Pixinsight Deconvolution Tutorial and there should be one from Light Vortex--check it out.

Rodd

50 minutes ago, gorann said:

Here is a somewhat more saturated version - I realize v.1 was a bit dull. I post it on Astrobin and I assume you do not mind Rodd.

Not at all.  But see if you can reduce the brightness in the core of M8 (the white zone). If you notch down the brightness the saturation will increase.  The detail looks great at full resolution

Rodd

3 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Not at all.  But see if you can reduce the brightness in the core of M8 (the white zone). If you notch down the brightness the saturation will increase.  The detail looks great at full resolution

Rodd

Probably a good idea but I am off to bed so I have a look at it tomorrow

Yes, the golden starfield is nice. It inspired me to make mine a bit more golden by tweaking the curves. A balancing act as green tried to pop up.

Edit: After posting here I see something looking like reddish gradients at the top and bottom - or maybe not? Could crop it of fix it.

Rodd M8 LRGB PS23goldSign.jpg

3 hours ago, gorann said:

fter posting here I see something looking like reddish gradients at the top and bottom - or maybe not? Could crop it of fix it.

There is allot of red (H) nebulosity in the region.  Could be the red filter picking up the red frequencies in teh interstellar gas.

Rodd

23 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, I expect we will finally converge into something "lagom". By the way, it is not the number of buttons you have, it is how you swing them....

Which do your prefer--1 or 2--I redid things.  

23 hours ago, wimvb said:

How about this?

1 or 2?  I think 1 looks more natural, though 2 is more like what is commonly posted.

LRGB-2ac3c-scnr3a-alt-2.thumb.jpg.24e2cdd050b49314eef87c94b790a399.jpg

425127125_alt3replacealt2.thumb.jpg.dc18c48d907b9971c4aa27c5cbde082e.jpg

Very nice Ola! But I think you cropped it a bit to much particularly to the left and bottom. Did you just not want to deal with the gradients? Gradient Exterminator in PS had no problem fixing it and Wim @wimvbgot rid of them using some magic procedure in PI

47 minutes ago, Ola Skarpen said:

Then I have made a version of this as well. Great data and work with. and thank you for sharing this with us

But that is wonderful despite the crop.  Notice how the stars are subdued--secondary--not glaring like my second one.  They definitely look more natural.

Rodd

Archived