SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Sky Portal Mobile App

Possibly a little premature, I haven't got the new goto telescope yet! But I have downloaded the Celestron Sky Portal Mobile App onto my IPad which controls my new scope. 

In the Sky at Night Magazine there is a Binocular Tour and a Deep Sky Tour each month. Does anyone know how the magazine download works with the Sky Portal app? The magazine talks about an ASCOM file download to set up the tour. There is a Sky Safari file download which is the app that Sky Portal is based on but no Sky Portal download specifically. 

Is there a tutorial on this stuff on the forum? (I did try searching!) Will it all become clear when I have the app connected to the scope? Am I just getting over excited because I'm getting a new scope?!!! 

Thanks

Graeme

Not aware of anything to do with Sky at Night magazine

I have downloaded the APP, and want to play  a bit more with it, to see if it will work with the Skywatcher Wi-Fi adaptor, or only on Celestron devices

The Celestron Sky Portal APP, will display what ever is visible in your area, and would not be too interested in a third party applications

Know my SynScan controller also has tour built in

John

Archived