Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi all,

This image of Saturn was the result of 20x60second videos, captured with the Skyris 618C through my Nexstar 8SE OTA.

MG

Saturn_11Jul2018 0152AEST.jpg

• Like 3

Mariusz - beautiful image. Can I ask - how can you get away with taking images over the space of 20+ mins. I though this would blur the surface?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Mariusz - beautiful image. Can I ask - how can you get away with taking images over the space of 20+ mins. I though this would blur the surface?

Using WinJupos derotate feature. 

Normally the rotation would blur the image...

Edited by MarsG76
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demonperformer said:

Excellent. I wonder if winjupos would improve my 8se planetary images any...

It will, because you can capture much more data, and be particularly picky about the frames that you stack... you can resort to 5% of the best in each video, so if you can capture only at 30fps (which is nominal for capturing at 6000mm FL on 8" SCT light gathering power), thats is still a heaps of frames to stack... I'm pretty sure that 20 minutes is about the limit before the excessive rotation causes problems even with the DeRotation... 

Edited by MarsG76
  • Thanks 1