Narrowband

equipment advice

hello i am hussain yasser i am new to astrophotography and i want to have some equipment to a sky-watcher 200p so this is my suggestion please tell me if its good or not                        (eq5 pro sync-scan   , canon eos t3i rebel with ef 50mm f/1.8 II lens , celestron power-tank ( is this compatible with the eq5 pro sync-scan ?? and ( 6 , 10 ,12.5 ,20 , 32 eyepieces and x2 and x5 Barlow ) the optical tube i haven't  received yet and i had only experience with small Meade telescope and this gear is up to my budget and think i wouldn't change in it for a couple of years so is it good??  and what is the difference between neq5 pro sync-scan   and eq5 pro sync-scan and heq5-pro  ?

Hi, Hussain, and welcome to SGL.

You will need a T-ring to attach the camera to the focusser of the telescope. Some newtonians have a problem achieving focus with a DSLR and require the main mirror being moved 'up' the tube a little - not something I have ever done, so better to let others advise on that procedure.

My main concern is the mount. Basically, both the HEQ5 & NEQ6 mounts are far more stable in their tracking and so you can take longer exposures.

Have you got a copy of this book? It is a good investment for anyone interested in starting in AP.

On 29/07/2018 at 07:20, Ags said:

Yes, you can attach the camera directly to the mount. For example I have a dovetail bar with a photo thread screw for this purpose.

where i can find these to attach canon 1100d to neq5 mount

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:46, astroegy said:

hello i am hussain yasser i am new to astrophotography and i want to have some equipment to a sky-watcher 200p so this is my suggestion please tell me if its good or not                        (eq5 pro sync-scan   , canon eos t3i rebel with ef 50mm f/1.8 II lens , celestron power-tank ( is this compatible with the eq5 pro sync-scan ?? and ( 6 , 10 ,12.5 ,20 , 32 eyepieces and x2 and x5 Barlow ) the optical tube i haven't  received yet and i had only experience with small Meade telescope and this gear is up to my budget and think i wouldn't change in it for a couple of years so is it good??  and what is the difference between neq5 pro sync-scan   and eq5 pro sync-scan and heq5-pro  ?

Difference between EQ5 and HEQ5 SynScan, is that the EQ5 is external drive

Attached pic shows my Skywatcher ED80, on a EQ5 mount, and scope in background is ED80 on a HEQ5 mount

Pic taken recently solar viewing day with my club down under

John

Skywatcher ED80.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, astroegy said:

i will save and buy that dovetail bar but i wanted to know how can i connect the eq5 pro sync scan mount with my laptop and use it through stellaruim 

Have a look at the link Demonperformer mentioned above, astroegy. I recently purchased the same book and it explains just about everything you need to know. 
In terms of mount, I would opt for the HEQ5 rather than the EQ5 as its payload is a couple of kilos higher. For imaging, I think the EQ5 is on the limit at around 9 kilos, which is very close to the weight of your SW 200.  

Archived