Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Total Lunar Eclipse 27Jul2018

MarsG76

8 minutes ago, Tubby Bear said:

I'm still sulking. 

Totally clouded out in the UK by all accounts, and typically decent weather either side of the event.

That happens way too often... I remember how furious I was when I was clouded out for the 31 January super blue blood moon eclipse... I had everything ready to go, the Eclipse was in the perfect shooting position, had leave from work arranged and the whole day was crystal clear... than night came bringing with it clouds... than taking the clouds with it as the morning came...

22 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Superb! Nice to see you got to photograph it. 

I was happy to end up with something.. initially I was going to use my 14" for the whole eclipse but before I knew it, it moved low faster than anticipated, behind the neighbours house!!! so I had to resort to a 800mm lens on a tripod at the front of my house... the 18:15 & 18:57 images are through the 14" dobsonian but the rest are through the lens...

Archived