Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
michaelmorris

COMPLETED - C9.25 OTA + ADM Losmandy Dovetail - SOLD

Celestron C9.25 OTA with ADM Losmandy dovetail
Starbright coatings
Everything in very good optical and mechanical condition
Cosmetically, there are the usual few small scratches on the paintwork, but no significant damage.
ADM Losmandy dovetail was £84 new 18 months ago

Reason for sale is recent upgrade of OTA.

Collection from Worcester, or Kelling Heath or SGL star parties, or could possibly meet halfway.

£595

rps20180727_182831.jpg

rps20180727_182808.jpg

rps20180727_182849.jpg

rps20180727_182911.jpg

Edited by michaelmorris

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By michaelmorris
      I'm after a focus knob for a modern Celestron C9.25.  Mostly likely will be where someone has replaced the factory focus knob with a fine focus model such as the Feathertouch.

• By Marky1973
      ***Updated with individual prices***
      I purchased this early this year but just haven't been using it. A combination of other stuff going on and just generally bad timing on the 3 good nights we have had this year means I have not been able to get into using it in the way I had hoped. And I don't see it getting any better, so seems sensible to move it one to someone who can use it more effectively while I concentrate on broadband imaging with my ED80.
      So, I have the XLT Fastar Compatible OTA on a Vixen dovetail with the 6x30 finder, 1.25" visual back and 25mm EP.
      I also got a Skywatcher SCT focuser to help with mirror flop for imaging.
      Also Bahtinov Mask
      And homemade Sun Filter and Dew/Light shield that i can throw in if anyone wants them.
      OTA is in perfect condition with the usual expected scratches on the dovetail, but otherwise in great condition. It is a fantastic scope giving great views, I am just not going to be able to use it much.
      £875 for the OTA
      £75 for the Focuser
      £15 Bahtinov Mask
      £950 for the lot or make me an offer!
      Collection for OTA preferred as this is a bulky, fragile item and couriers generally will not insure such glass going through the post. I am not keen on posting, but could consider it if buyer is willing to organise themselves and take responsibility for it. I think I still have the boxes it came in. Focuser and Mask can obviously be posted.
      Bank transfer, paypal accepted.
      I'm in Gloucester.

• By Jammy
      Does anyone know what the strange diffraction spikes are in this image?  I know the star Alnitak is pretty bright but wasn't expecting this.
      I've never seen this happen before.  Is it an SCT thing, or a MY SCT thing?
      I've seen straight diffraction spikes, but never curved.
      Is there anything I can do to stop this?  Could it be a collimation issue?  I did check before I started imaging, but thought everything looked ok.
      My scope is a Celestron C9.25 XLT, and I'm using a f/6.3 corrector/reducer with modded Canon EOS 600D.
      Thanks in advance

• By Jammy
      What am I doing wrong to get planetary images like these attached?
      Or maybe I should be asking what am I actually doing right?
      I've tried a few times to images planets with my QHY5L-ii mono camera through the C9.25 both with and without IR/UV block filter and get the same blurred results every time.
      I've checked collimation, and focus using a star mask.  It's pretty good really, and I know the camera works fine because I've used it to get some good lunar shots.
      I'm imaging thought sharpcap software and have processed the images with registax or autostakkert and get very similar results.  Is there anything obvious that I'm missing??
      All suggestions welcome, thanks!

• By Imd
      Hi all budding astrophotographers,
      I recently acquired a C9.25 and after a few days I had my first clear night (moon rising). I bought a Celestron f6.3 reducer which I connected after removing the 2" back, then connected my Canon 1100d DLSR camera via a T-tring.
      Many of the central stars seem sufficiently round in shape but I was surprised to find so many stretched stars in the corners even after the installation of the x0.63 reducer, I thought it also acted as a coma corrector. The dew shield was not perfectly sitting on the scope but I don't imagine this could be the cause.
      Is this coma on the corners or something else?
      Do you think I'm being unrealistic of my expectations when using the reducer to also flatten the image?
      Is it because of the unrealistic field of view from a DLSR camera on the C9.25 or perhaps I have possibly a dodgy reducer or could collimation be the source of my problem?
      FYI, the image is a single 5 min exposure without any processing, guided using a finder guider and using a CLS filter, EQ6 on a pier. Im pleased with the image apart from the corners due to the stretched stars.

Many thanks for looking, your advice is always appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.