Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Craig Shaw

Good evenin' from Yorkshire!

Thought I would join this forum as you seem like an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable bunch! I live in the north of England as you can tell from the thread title inherited an 8" Meade lx90 - the original one with all its quirks ? with the s4000 8-24mm ep. Been using it intermittently for a year or so but only just decided to spend some money on it to get better views - new 10mm and 32mm baader eyepieces and upgraded to a baader prism star diagonal. I am interested in dso's and planets and in astro photography - just because i love to share! I have tried in the past with limited success.

Looking forward to discussing the stars and all things related with  you all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig Shaw said:

Thought I would join this forum as you seem like an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable bunch! I live in the north of England as you can tell from the thread title inherited an 8" Meade lx90 - the original one with all its quirks ? with the s4000 8-24mm ep. Been using it intermittently for a year or so but only just decided to spend some money on it to get better views - new 10mm and 32mm baader eyepieces and upgraded to a baader prism star diagonal. I am interested in dso's and planets and in astro photography - just because i love to share! I have tried in the past with limited success.

Looking forward to discussing the stars and all things related with  you all.

Craig ,  we have an Astro Club in Wakefield all levels and a friendly group of folk, Google WADAS and have a look, we do some observing at Winscar Reservoir and also Sutton Bank, you will be more than welcome.

Eric

• Thanks 1

2star offers sound advice re joining a club. Can save you a lot of money as you can talk to folks who have been there and often try out kit without the commitment 

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum. Have fun.

Hi Craig, a very warm welcome to SGL.

Steve

Hi, Craig, and welcome to SGL.

You are right. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience within the membership here and you will find a willingness to share it.

Enjoy the journey.

Hi Craig, welcome to SGL :smile:

Hi Craig and a very warm welcome to the Lounge :)

Steve

Welcome Craig, joining SGL has certainly been a major  plus when getting back into this hobby after a ~20 year break.

On 27/07/2018 at 23:08, 2STAR said:

Craig ,  we have an Astro Club in Wakefield all levels and a friendly group of folk, Google WADAS and have a look, we do some observing at Winscar Reservoir and also Sutton Bank, you will be more than welcome.

Eric

Thanks Eric, i will take a look ?

York Astro. soc as well; no meetings in August, starting again in September, every other Friday evening in York. Public observing on the Knavesmire and in the process of relocating our observatory to Murton.

You will be given a warm welcome.

andrew

Hello Craig, and welcome SGL, hope you enjoy your time with us, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Now then from between Harrogate and Ripon. Hope you enjoy your stay ?

Craig

Welcome from land down under

I also belong to a club

John