Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firstimer from Cyprus

starcy

Hello everybody and nice to be here,ive been through many newb,learning and howto posts and quite excited on getting started.

Im from London and retired now (Early retirement) and taking up what i always wanted to do -stargazing

i only became available really from my best-man giving me hes telescope,he assembled it bit by bit from a Greek magazine called Deagostini (says on the scope Star Observer)which was purchased literally every month

bit by bit every tiny nut and bolt was offered with each monthly  purchase with instructions etc to build and calibrate  (in Greek) some accessories are not working/adjusting or missing. I absolutely know nothing about star watching and am learning from here,btw im a toolmaker by trade and i am planning to repair and make parts as i go along,for instance cogs and gears dont move axis about. so i will make new bits at home

so here goes, clear skies everybody!

Hi, Starcy, and welcome to SGL.

Early retirement is great for getting into things for which one never had the time before ... best thing I have ever done.

We have a thriving DIY section on the forum where you will find any advice you need on your reconstruction.

Enjoy the journey.

Archived