SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A badly framed Western Neb/Pickerings Triangle during (almost) full moon

tooth_dr

No matter how dire, I cant pass up a clear night.

2 hours and 45 mins in 5min subs, taken with Atik 383L+ and 7nm Optolong H-alpha filter.

I did take around 60 x 2mins subs with my DSLR to add colour, but the moon obliterated that, and Ha looks a bit pinky as a luminance layer (but I'm maybe doing something wrong).

Good practice though, and I now finally have EQMOD working, and discovered that APT can sync with CdC, after a plate solve.  So not at all a wasted night but a very useful one.

Thanks for loooking

Adam.

Ha_WVN.jpg

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

Any window to the universe is good.  Sometimes the strange angle or perspective is nice.  How can reality be bad?

Good job

Rodd

Thanks Rodd.  I could not change the angle because I had tidied my usb leads too neatly between the cameras and ran out of slack. I would have had to loosen them again and since I had just spent a while focusing I decided enough was enough. It was almost 1am and I had work to get up for. 

Archived