Disc copier

Davey-T

Can anyone recommend a disc copying app, free or paid for, tried to download a couple but get incompatible with your operating system messages even though they say OK for Win10 64.

Dave

11 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks Ahmed, it's enough of a faff fighting the system to get them accepted then they fall over when you try to install them :grin:

Dave

No worries mate. If you have something to copy and are struggling, i can easily make you as many copies of it for you and post them to you mate. Only a shout away matey

2 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

No worries mate. If you have something to copy and are struggling, i can easily make you as many copies of it for you and post them to you mate. Only a shout away matey

Thanks mate,had to download the trial paid for version, now I haven't got a big enough disc now only got 700mb so got to go buy some, nothings easy :grin:

Dave

11 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks mate,had to download the trial paid for version, now I haven't got a big enough disc now only got 700mb so got to go buy some, nothings easy :grin:

Dave

hahaha no worries mate. I'm here if you need me mate.

On 25/07/2018 at 12:53, Davey-T said:

Can anyone recommend a disc copying app, free or paid for, tried to download a couple but get incompatible with your operating system messages even though they say OK for Win10 64. 

Dave

Strange enough my long time favorite burn application started to fail in WIN10 64 bit a few month ago.  It worked fine but I have the impression that Win10 is changing and they didn't catch up.  Tried a few other free burning software but had similar problems. As an alternative burned a few times using Win10 explorer pop-up menu, but much not control of speed and other things.

The only free application I found still working is "infrarecorder"

Not much burning these days, but I had to made a disk of Ubuntu astronomy.

Han

1 hour ago, han59 said:

As you say not much burning done nowadays, I used the free trial period of BurnAware, worked fine with latest Win10.

Dave

2 hours ago, han59 said:

Strange enough my long time favorite burn application started to fail in WIN10 64 bit a few month ago.  It worked fine but I have the impression that Win10 is changing and they didn't catch up.  Tried a few other free burning software but had similar problems. As an alternative burned a few times using Win10 explorer pop-up menu, but much not control of speed and other things.

Han

Its funny that you should mention this, just bought a portable DVD writer for my laptop and wanted to check that it could burn disks OK, found the Win10 explorer  pop up and it worked fine although without any bells an whistles etc.

Alan

19 hours ago, JonC said:

I used cdburnerxp in the past 

That was my favorite but it doesn't work anymore in my Win10 64bit. Refuses to pop-up. Tried the latest and older versions.  :(

On 29/07/2018 at 06:46, han59 said:

That was my favorite but it doesn't work

Did you try to run it in compatibility mode? Just a guess, but it may work. 

Archived