SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 7822

Rodd

This target has turned into the albatross around my neck--with several false starts.  I tried 30sec red subs and actually captured 219 of them......too dim.  I bumped it up to 60sec and captured 100 more.....still to dim and my framing was off anyway.  Finally, since the Moon was up and I needed something to shoot in Ha while I waited for M31 and the Heart to rise, I decided to try 5min Ha subs.  The signal strength looks good--but the framing is rather noncommittal,  I should have surrendered to the fact that a 2 panel mosaic was needed and proceeded with an upper and lower panel.  It would have been twice the work, but now I am left with having to do a 3 panel mosaic, which will be 3x the work and render all of these subs pointless.  A tough target for me indeed.  I originally wanted to do an LRGB composition.  An HaSHO depiction is much more likely now.

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer, ASI 1600 with 3um Ha filter

Ha: 37 5min

Ha-37-2.thumb.jpg.84baddd81a14aaab0cd60a3ba3348518.jpg

29 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Argh, the pain,otherwise known as ‘the learning curve’! That’s a lovely result though and mosaics are such fun!! Good luck with the continuing story...

Thanks Gav.  I think it was me being lazy to tell the truth.  The good thing about the setup I am using now is that time is not as drastic a it is with my other systems--To get this result with the STT-8300 I would need  at least 5-6 hours, and would probably do 7 or 8.  So If scrap 3 hours of data I suppose its not so bad.  But I will probably finish it anyway.  The projects grow on you, especially when near  completion.

Rodd

Archived