Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

If i am   correct this will be on the new autofocus unit yet to be released 

Yes, this will be new product - Autofocuser2. It will have;

-wifi phone HC

-EXTRA: physical HC via jack plug
-EXTRA: temperature probe via jack plug

I will send you some pics when it is put together :)

• Like 1

Hi all,

We are also introducing Autofocuser 1 update - I have printed circuit and much more compact housing.

IMG_3324.JPG.42c7722ec3d18e65e3113e4a81cb877c.JPGIMG_3327.JPG.0ab5be4f6f24a4e415b202641470fbe2.JPGIMG_3325.JPG.9be4287137a9bbf4a75b15a505318db3.JPG 

Printed circuit test:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

We are also introducing Autofocuser 1 update - I have printed circuit and much more compact housing.

IMG_3324.JPG.42c7722ec3d18e65e3113e4a81cb877c.JPGIMG_3327.JPG.0ab5be4f6f24a4e415b202641470fbe2.JPGIMG_3325.JPG.9be4287137a9bbf4a75b15a505318db3.JPG 

Printed circuit test:

Well done Pavle you’ve put a lot of effort in lately ?

• Like 1

Hi all,

It has been quite busy couple of months - from overhauling our primary autofocusing unit (which is now called AF1), to preparing a whole new product line. Preorders are now opened for AF2 and wide field focus system, for more, check out our website:

https://deepskydad.com/ny-offer

Merry Christmas!

Pavle

FOLLOW US
If you would like to be up to speed with our recent news we invite you to follow us on social media:
Facebook page (for general updates): 
Facebook community group (for discussion, idea sharing and support)
  • Like 1

On 25/12/2018 at 19:16, sunka said:

Hi all,

It has been quite busy couple of months - from overhauling our primary autofocusing unit (which is now called AF1), to preparing a whole new product line. Preorders are now opened for AF2 and wide field focus system, for more, check out our website:

https://deepskydad.com/ny-offer

Merry Christmas!

Pavle

FOLLOW US
If you would like to be up to speed with our recent news we invite you to follow us on social media:
Facebook page (for general updates): 
Facebook community group (for discussion, idea sharing and support)

Would be good to see a demo of version AF2 working with sgp if you ever get clear sky's.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 23:31, redfox1971 said:

Would be good to see a demo of version AF2 working with sgp if you ever get clear sky's.

OK, I will prepare a demo :) Currently I am a bit busy with WFFS testing :) 

Best regards,

Pavle

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Just an update - WFFS field test on Orion at 50mm in H-alpha, lens was focused with AF1. This was shot during full moon, 90x3min.

Result:

integration_DBE.thumb.jpg.61292e2b830cfa30ba556954b475cffb.jpg

Setup:

wffs_field_test.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

• Like 2

Hi all,

Finished HaRGB Orion image - wanted to shoot this for years! :)

HaRGB_flattened-5.thumb.jpg.0c014c313ea46cad9e2062a84f1c8bad.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

Finished HaRGB Orion image - wanted to shoot this for years! :)

HaRGB_flattened-5.thumb.jpg.0c014c313ea46cad9e2062a84f1c8bad.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

There’s a lot of detail in there Pavel  Barnard’s loop showing well , colour showing well  great image .

• Like 1

Hi all,

An update on AF2. In February we had weather for quite extensive testing. Here is an indoor demo of the features and field test demonstration from one of the sessions:

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Pavle

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jambouk
      I asked a few weeks ago about charging two batteries from one solar panel. I’ve now got a solar controller which can do this, see below, but I’m confused by the instruction manual, especially how I should set the “charging priority”. I assumed the unit would charge battery 1 until full, then move on and charge battery 2 until full, then go back to 1. I’m not sure what this charging priority is - image of the relevant page from the manual below. I’d be grateful to hear what you think it means.
      Thanks.
      James.

• By jambouk
      If I have one solar panel, and four 12v batteries I need to be charged, two pairs of equal age and capacity (60 amp hour x 2, and 50 amp hour x 2) and the pairs have the same resting voltage and seemingly the same capacity, and I can get a solar charger unit which can charge two batteries (see link below), I was thinking of charging each pair in parallel.
      I've read about the risks of charging in parallel, with the weaker battery having the dominant impact and bringing the other battery down to its capacity, but in reality, how likely is this to be a problem in the course of 5 years, where the batteries won't be used that much anyway, maybe discharged 20%, just 10 times a year? 
      I'm conscious there is scope to discuss lots of things around this, like "buy pairs of new batteries rather than starting out with old ones" and "buy larger capacity new batteries etc", but this is the set up we have and will be sticking with.
      Thanks for any replies.
      James
      https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solar-power-regulators/9054536?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_UK_EN_Power_Supplies_And_Transformers-_-Renewable_Energy|Solar_Power_Regulators-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-391749164546&s_kwcid=AL!7457!3!243856857002!!!g!391749164546!&gclid=CjwKCAiAu9vwBRAEEiwAzvjq-zrEd9pZ-QRkhK-Tpfd6UJFYhRnC8sQOzas0oXPQXq3zr44tGo3_MhoC_XcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
    • By merlin100
      I'm tempted to go down the route of getting myself a brand new reflector...  My friend's old Meade 114/900 is a good telescope, but I want something of my own and with a bit more light gathering power.  To this end, I've been looking at a couple of different models and manufactures.  
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-explorer-130.html
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-explorer-130p.html
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130m.html
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meade-Instruments-Polaris-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B01FG8JEGG
      I must admit, the Skywatcher Explorer 130M floats my boat, as it's motorised with a speed controller.
      Any thoughts or observations?🤔
    • By Dinglem
      So I had a free day yesterday and decided to sort out my equipment and update my astro laptop software packages. I downloaded the latest Stellarium and managed to get it to sync with APT. I installed my Xmas present from my sweetheart (Optolong L-eNhance filter) how did she know it's what I wanted??? I recently installed the free trial version of Pixinsight on my main laptop so after watching a few YouTube videos decided to get some Dark and Bias frames to create some masters ready for my next session.
      The weather was good yesterday and it stayed clear here as the sun started to set, so I set everything up outside hoping the apps were wrong and it wouldn't get cloudy. As it got darker I launched Sharpcap and completed a polar allingment, I used Stellarium and APT to slew to Vega and checked the focus was good. I then used Goto++ in APT to slew to NGC 7380 (Wizard Nebula), I set PHD2 off guiding and then I had my first issue; my laptop would not connect to my Lyn Astro dew controller so I manually set the temperature to quite low as it wasn't too damp at that time. So I started capturing 5 minute subs went inside and remoted into my astro laptop from my main laptop to check how it was going, all appeared good.
      I recently set up a Rpi NAS at home so I'm able to transfer data to it and then to my other laptop on the go, so after I'd got a few subs I opened them in PI to check the quality, they looked ok to me. after about an hour PHD2 started binging a lost star warning so I went outside and the clouds were starting to cover the sky, I then took loads of flat frames using my main laptop, Notepad and 3 sheets of white paper and decided to take some more darks in case it cleared. I then set about trying to process the 9 subs I'd managed to capture with the 200 flat frames the master bias and dark frames I'd created earlier. Despite the lack of subs I'm quite pleased with the result, I have done a quick Histogram stretch, and the knowledge I have gained, I'm definately going to purchase PI when I can afford it.
      So this morning I thought I'd sort out the issue with the connection to the Lynx Astro dew controller, you won't believe it, my Astro Laptop will not turn on, it's been playing up for a while I suspect the battery has died. So just when I thought I was getting on top of this frustrating hobby I get another spanner in the works. So do I gamble and order a new battery then discover it is the laptop that has failed, do I set up another old laptop I have and hope it will be ok, do I set up my Rpi3 with Indigo or do I buy a mini PC as I know my way around windows?
      Anyway here's the calibrated stacked image as it is in PI with a quick stretch.

• By Stargazer33
      I've finally got around to making my flats box.
      I decided to go for a cylinder rather than the normal square as I thought it would maximize the amount of reflected light and limit any 'dead' areas. I could also use the Celestrons dust cap retaining pins to lock the flats box onto the 'scope.
      I purchased some of the craft board that has a thin foam sheet sandwiched between two sheets of thick paper/thin card. In order to bend the card into a cylinder, I creased the board every 20 mm by pressing the edge of a steel ruler into the board. It took two of the sheets to make a cylinder big enough to fit my C9.25, with only a couple of cm trimmed off.

I then made a reinforcing ring/defuser holder from two strips of the foam board; this time creasing them at 15mm intervals. I stuck these level to the bottom edge so the joins were 90° to the main cylinder joins. These strips were cut wide enough to ensure that the diffuser cleared the secondary housing.

The cylinder was designed to lock into the C9.25s dust cap retaining pins so next I cut two keyways into the bottom outer side. They looked a little weak so I reinforced them with some Christmas chocolate reindeer plastic packaging!

Although the foamboard is quite shiny, I wasn't happy with all the grooves, so I lined the inside with white A4 paper. The Perspex sheet was cut to shape and hot glued into place onto the ledge.

Next, starting at the top, I notched the edge of the cylinder to run the LED string lights cable through and then started to spiral the LEDs around and down the cylinder.

The top cap/reflector was made from two discs of foamboard. One to go inside the cylinder and one to sit proud of the edge. They were glued together before being hot glued onto the top of the cylinder. The LED light string that I bought has an integrated on/off button as well as both up and down brightness buttons with a 3M sticky pad on the back, so I stuck this to the top cap.

As I had previously made myself a 'scope mounted power distribution box with aircraft sockets for power, I removed the 3 pin UK plug/ac-dc converter and soldered on an aircraft plug to match my 12 volt DC supply socket.

The lightbox illuminated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.