Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

If i am   correct this will be on the new autofocus unit yet to be released 

Yes, this will be new product - Autofocuser2. It will have;

-wifi phone HC

-EXTRA: physical HC via jack plug
-EXTRA: temperature probe via jack plug

I will send you some pics when it is put together :)

• Like 1

Hi all,

We are also introducing Autofocuser 1 update - I have printed circuit and much more compact housing.

IMG_3324.JPG.42c7722ec3d18e65e3113e4a81cb877c.JPGIMG_3327.JPG.0ab5be4f6f24a4e415b202641470fbe2.JPGIMG_3325.JPG.9be4287137a9bbf4a75b15a505318db3.JPG 

Printed circuit test:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

We are also introducing Autofocuser 1 update - I have printed circuit and much more compact housing.

IMG_3324.JPG.42c7722ec3d18e65e3113e4a81cb877c.JPGIMG_3327.JPG.0ab5be4f6f24a4e415b202641470fbe2.JPGIMG_3325.JPG.9be4287137a9bbf4a75b15a505318db3.JPG 

Printed circuit test:

Well done Pavle you’ve put a lot of effort in lately ?

• Like 1

Hi all,

It has been quite busy couple of months - from overhauling our primary autofocusing unit (which is now called AF1), to preparing a whole new product line. Preorders are now opened for AF2 and wide field focus system, for more, check out our website:

https://deepskydad.com/ny-offer

Merry Christmas!

Pavle

FOLLOW US
If you would like to be up to speed with our recent news we invite you to follow us on social media:
Facebook page (for general updates): 
Facebook community group (for discussion, idea sharing and support)
  • Like 1

On 25/12/2018 at 19:16, sunka said:

Hi all,

It has been quite busy couple of months - from overhauling our primary autofocusing unit (which is now called AF1), to preparing a whole new product line. Preorders are now opened for AF2 and wide field focus system, for more, check out our website:

https://deepskydad.com/ny-offer

Merry Christmas!

Pavle

FOLLOW US
If you would like to be up to speed with our recent news we invite you to follow us on social media:
Facebook page (for general updates): 
Facebook community group (for discussion, idea sharing and support)

Would be good to see a demo of version AF2 working with sgp if you ever get clear sky's.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 23:31, redfox1971 said:

Would be good to see a demo of version AF2 working with sgp if you ever get clear sky's.

OK, I will prepare a demo :) Currently I am a bit busy with WFFS testing :) 

Best regards,

Pavle

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Just an update - WFFS field test on Orion at 50mm in H-alpha, lens was focused with AF1. This was shot during full moon, 90x3min.

Result:

integration_DBE.thumb.jpg.61292e2b830cfa30ba556954b475cffb.jpg

Setup:

wffs_field_test.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

• Like 2

Hi all,

Finished HaRGB Orion image - wanted to shoot this for years! :)

HaRGB_flattened-5.thumb.jpg.0c014c313ea46cad9e2062a84f1c8bad.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

Finished HaRGB Orion image - wanted to shoot this for years! :)

HaRGB_flattened-5.thumb.jpg.0c014c313ea46cad9e2062a84f1c8bad.jpg

Best regards,

Pavle

There’s a lot of detail in there Pavel  Barnard’s loop showing well , colour showing well  great image .

• Like 1

Hi all,

An update on AF2. In February we had weather for quite extensive testing. Here is an indoor demo of the features and field test demonstration from one of the sessions:

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Pavle

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bruno Marin
      I found this setup in internet and make me think, with AZEQ6 GT and 2 scopes, different weights and size, without counterweight in AZ mode! 
      - I can put a MAK100mm 3kg +- and a OO VX10l  12kg +- without counterweight?

Does anyone have this setup mount and already used without counterweight with two telescopes of different weights? Is it really necessary to have a balance using in AZ mode?
      The problem to centralize the object with both scopes is true? With the SW AZEQ6 GT?
      Follow the images
      a TSA-120 with 6.5 kg i think and the other with 22kg i forgot the brand hehe you can help me?

• By AstroRuz
      £180
      Selling a nice portable wide telescope with great glass and a great field of view
      I have two telescopes and I'm using the 80ED more currently and so this Telescope just isn't getting used anymore
      It has a longer dovetail (originally from the 80ED) so declination balance can be reached.
      Great performer for the price
      Collection only as P&P is like £40 (Northamptonshire - UK)
      Selling to fund a scope or mount upgrade.🤔
      Selling

• By AstroRuz
      Skywatcher 150/1200 f8 planetary Newtonian.
      Bought this originally intending to set up a planetary rig but circumstances call for sale.
      Will come with eyepieces and a collimation eyepiece. Not used by myself and has seen very little use. Mirrors in good condition
      Collection only
      £50

• By jadcx
      Skywatcher 80 ED DS-Pro outfit including matched flattener and motor focus. Now only £350
      This kit gives you a great introduction to astronomy and imaging, which is why it's so popular.  You can see details over at FLO but there is:
      80 ED Ds-Pro OTA (Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm, Telescope Focal Length: 600mm,  f/7.5)
      SW Eyepiece (2"): 28mm
      2”/50.8mm Di-Electric Star Diagonal
      9x50 Finderscope
      Dual-Speed 11:1 2” Crayford Focuser (Backlash-Free)
      Supplied with Tube Rings & Mounting Plate - please note there is a longer black vixen type dovetail fitted, not the fancy new green short one you will see on the FLO site
      SW motor focus and fitting kit - I've never used this, hence it's not fitted (more details over on FLO)
      Dedicated SW 0.85x reducer/flattener (see FLO for more details)
      Aluminium Carrying / Shipping Case

The RRP is over £720, so grab a bargain while you can.
      Collection from Nottingham, or DHL for £20 (within UK)

• By masjstovel
      Hi,

Background:
      There will probably be too much information below, but my level of knowledge in electronics is unfortunately low.
      I own a EQ-5 - upgraded to pro with synscan, a SW 150pds and a SSAG guidecam on a 9x50. I bought this with the purpose of AP. I have my telescope on the porch, so i can sit inside with the PC (5m distance) and power everything from the socket in the wall inside.
      I live in Norway where there is 230V 50hz AC in the wall.
      I have understood most telescope equipment (?) is powered by 12v DC.
      The mount came with a 12V "car-connector" which im sure people are familiar with. But i didnt wish to use this, so instead i bought a plug (European), which the picture below shows. It is like a multipurpose plug where i can choose 12V and also choose different "pc-style" connectors in the other end. 
      I am currently powering the mount via this plug to a 20m extension cord with 4 sockets. It's labeled "250V AC 50HZ". (picture below)
      I plug the USB3-powered SSAG straight to the computer. I plug the synscan controller to the computer with an adaptor to make it USB in the other end.

So to the core of this post:
      I now have an ZWO ASI1600MM PRO (DC 12V 3A), with a 8 slot ZWO filter-wheel (USB2.0 powered - guess this connects to the camera). On its way.
      I also have a NEQ6 PRO on its way (12V 2A) - so no more EQ5 - but same power requirements.
      And lastly i have a HitecAstro 4 channel dew controller on its way (12V DC) - which i plan to use with a Omegon secondary mirror heating strap, SMALL (https://www.astroshop.eu/heater-bands-controls/omegon-secondary-mirror-heating-strip-small/p,56529#tab_bar_1_select), and maybe something else down the line. The strap uses 0,18amps the product specifications says.

So....... With this setup, and from home like described: 
      -Plan is to use the 12v 2.25A adaptor-plug from the EQ5 on the NEQ6. 
      -Buy another one just like it, for the dew-controller. I dont know what Ampere it needs, but the dew-strap is only 0,18A.
      -Buy a upgraded 12V 3A (or 5A) for the ZWO ASI1600 and 5m USB3.0 to PC. 
      -Plug filterwheel to ZWO.
      -Plug guidecamera to PC as before - Or can this go straight to the ZWO? 
      -Plug the EQ6 via the Synscan ST4(?) to USB 5m to the PC. 
      So the mount, the ZWO and the dew-controller will go to the extension cord-cable drum outside which goes to the wall inside.
      The PC will go to the wall inside ofcourse.

Can i do this?
      2.  If no: How should i do this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.