Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EAA and live streaming

markarian

I used to do a bit of live streaming to Night Skies Network but that seems pretty quiet these days.

Where do others stream to - if at all?

I did a test live stream to YouTube of the Moon recently, just to check out the tech and get everything working. Admittedly it wasn't the most interesting stream around as it was just a test, but  YouTube actually deleted the video and gave me a "strike" because it apparently broke their rules!

I'd like to do a little more of this but don't want to keep getting kicked out by YT. Any suggestions? (Just make sure I'm not too boring eh? :)

Thanks
Mark

I never quite got as far as streaming or recording, and I have never felt that my sessions are 'slick' enough to be worthy of recording, but I would love to see more of other people's EAA sessions recorded and available on YT or other video sites. Not so interested in watching live as I just never seem to available to watch when it is broadcast. I'm afraid I can't suggest anything to answer your original question though. 

Know how you feel,, most times I've went on ,, it's dead as a door nail,, only seen a few uninteresting tests during daylight hours.

VAF had tried to get broadcasting via a third party in a joint venture,, but two years in,, it just wasn't going to happen,, which was unfortunate.

I still believe the way forward is with Joe's nsn,,  but it would need a few UK guy's to jump start it this side of the pond, to make it more UK friendly.

Nsn CA is still going strong but more oriented towards mallincam users but still allow non mallincam users to broadcast I'm shure.

Atik did one recently on yt live with a new camera and I thought it worked really well. Would be good to see more. 

Given the lack of clear skies in the UK it's good to be able to take part in "live observing". Feels more involving than watching recordings to me. 

Archived