Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gamma Cygni

Rodd

I have always wanted to image this region but have never had a FOV to do it justice.  A mosaic was about the only way.  Snapped a few subs before the 50% Moon set.  Again--not sure what to do with it.  Mono is dramatic.  The Hubbell Palette is not for me for this target.  Maybe HRGB.  Or-maybe a mono mosaic.  So Many Choices!

FSQ 106 .6x reducer, ASI 1600 with 3um Ha filter.

30 5min subs, unity gain

Ha-30-MT-ds3.thumb.jpg.9cd66b17112525df8414dd85c0341277.jpg

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Nice. If the moon.plays nice, why not collect Ha first for a monochrome mosaic. You can always add colour later. Or do a bicolour (Ha and Oiii).

I was considering this....but I would have started the first panel in a different spot.  that is the risk of a mosaic, if for what ever reason it does not work out, you are left with a poorly framed image.  I could still do it though.  4 panels would be ideal--6 hours.  2 nights.  Darn it!  Tonight is supposed to be clear.

Rodd

Archived