SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New camera - first Lunar shot

Knighty2112

Got a new Canon EOS4000D, so managed to get a first few Lunar shots with it last night. Nothing earth shattering I know, but came out pretty good. Single shot only on un-driven mount. Scope used Altair Astro 66 ED-R, no diagonal used.

Canon_Lunar_19_07_18_0067.thumb.png.85ce24b587520ac47f84998f07150adf.png

Cracking shot, Gus! Nice camera, too. I got a new camera, an ASI224MC; it's coming today. I can't wait to try it out on Mars! I can see a little more detail now and I've heard that the dust storm is starting to wind down :D

Reggie

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Cracking shot, Gus! Nice camera, too. I got a new camera, an ASI224MC; it's coming today. I can't wait to try it out on Mars! I can see a little more detail now and I've heard that the dust storm is starting to wind down :D

Reggie

Thanks Reggie. Hope the new camera works out for you. Let us know how you get on with it mate. Should get some good results too hopefully! :) 

4 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Ta. Still learning the ropes with the new camera, so hoping for some more shots later if clouds oblige to stay away. 

It'll be good to see your advances.

5 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

It'll be good to see your advances.

Set up last night after looking promising, but as soon as I’d done an alignment on the AVX Mount with Polaris clouds piled in to stop play. Fingers crossed for tonight hopefully! :( 

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

Set up last night after looking promising, but as soon as I’d done an alignment on the AVX Mount with Polaris clouds piled in to stop play. Fingers crossed for tonight hopefully! :( 

That happens way too often... only 1/5 of my sessions end up being something worthwhile sharing, so yeah, it's a game of luck .

Archived