SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter from 15.07.2018

Pete Presland

Pretty decent conditions later in the evening,  after the earlier Venus session had finished. Captured at dusk before Jupiter disappeared.

Again probably my best of the season, not likely to get many more chances.

Used my C9.25 as always, but this time my OSC asi224mc instead of RGB imaging with my mono camera. I was tempted to crop the rather unsatisfactory Europa out of the image, but its still there "warts and all" ? 

1211451279_2018_07_1521.08RGB-OSC.png.9ee31263cd157fd3d376ef88f1d45ff0.png

Nice image Pete, looks pretty sharp given the altitude. Did you use an ADC or align in RS?

I am hoping to get one more chance this weekend but it is not looking promising with the early evening clouds currently forecast.

That’s very nice Pete. Probably the best I’ve seen this season. I haven’t had a chance with any planets presently purely Cos of location of neighboring houses and their choice of massively tall conifers. I don’t hunk I’ll do get a decent chance of an image until 2022. I am enjoying visual on the smaller DSO’s on my new C9.25 though :) 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:21, Grimbles said:

Nice image Pete, looks pretty sharp given the altitude. Did you use an ADC or align in RS?

I am hoping to get one more chance this weekend but it is not looking promising with the early evening clouds currently forecast.

I used the ADC again, not sure I have the technique perfected yet, but it certainly seems to have improved the image quality.

Archived