Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eagle and Swan

david_taurus83

So first proper imaging light with the new William Optics GT71 refractor! I have to say I'm very impressed and have had thoughts about never bothering trying to image with the 200p again! I love the field of view this gives with its Flat6A II 0.8 flattener. Needs a bit of fiddling to get the distance from sensor right and I might still need to tweak but thats for the long dark winter nights. Last weekend was also the first time I travelled away from home to a darkish site. 20 minutes drive south, no streetlights, privacy and the Milky Way just visible over head. Not bad for July nights. M16 and M17 are fairly low in the sky, just above Saturn at the moment. Probably wont get another chance to add to this again this year either. I was aiming for over 4 hours integration on this, 2 hours each night of the weekend but after getting going Sunday night, alas, clouds after half an hour.

14/15 July 2018, Finstall, Bromsgrove

Approx 2:20 hours worth of integration, 180s subs at ISO800 Canon 600D

William Optics GT71, AZ EQ6 GT

DSS stacked and processed in Pixinsight. Slightly different workflow than my usual following YouTube tutorials. Quite a lot of stars originally so I've experimented with Morphological Transformation. Seems to work well though I need more practice.

Looking forward to the darker months with this setup?

Autosave_ABE3.jpg

Archived