Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Galaxy in Triangulum

carastro

My 4th and last image from the astro camp last weekend. 

Dual Rig:
Mount: HEQ5
WOZS71/Atik314L + FR x 0.8 : 13 x 600 + 4 x 900 Luminance
SWED80/Atik460EX + FR x 0.8 : RGB:
Blue & Green 5 x 150 secs + 4 x 200 secs binned x 2
Red: 5 x 150 secs + 7 x 200secs Binned x 2
Ha 5 x 10min

Does any-one know a good tutorial on how to add Ha to get red high lights. Have tried all sorts of ways, including adding to the red channel? Thanks.
Some-one has said Annie has an Action for it, but a) I have to re-load Annie's actions, as I have never used them for some years, and b) I prefer to learn to do it myself rather than use some-one else's skills.  BUt may have to use this if I can;t find a tutorial anywhere else. 

Total Luminance 3h 10m
Total RGB 1h 27.5m
Total Ha 50m

Grand total = 5 hours 27minutes
Taken over 2 nights

dRBS0IAcNvYs_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

A second try at adding Ha highlights using a different blend mode in the red channel, but now I can;t remember exactly what I did as I was trying all sorts!!!

e2BQLZfoK5C5_1824x0_ceyYapI3.jpg

2 hours ago, carastro said:

Think I have cracked it, but taken hours of experimentation:

That's good Carole, don't forget what you did then when / if I get round to mine you can supply helpful hints :grin:

Dave

Comparing my M33 subs from home to those from camp I'm tempted to bin all the ones from home and start again.

Yes I often feel like that with home captured data.  Soul nebula is one in particular I would like to scrap.  

Carole 

Archived