Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroReality AR Enabled 3D Models

astroreality_launch_banner.jpg

FLO now stocks the AstroReality range of 3D models of the Moon and planets. They are remarkable! 

At 120mm diameter the AtroReality Lunar Pro is the largest and most detailed. Large enough to explore the surface of the Moon with your fingertips at a scale of 1:29,000,000. Based on data captured by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, the Lunar Pro is manufactured using the most accurate industrial 3D printing technology available today, modelled to 0.006 millimetres per pixel precision and hand painted. You can feel the landscape with replicated bumps and craters. 

You can also use the Augmented Reality app to explore landmarks on the lunar surface. It is a remarkable experience. 

We also stock the smaller AstroReality Lunar Mini Model, the Solar System Mini Model Collection and a Lunar AR Notebook. They all work with the Augmented Reality app, even the notebook. 

It is difficult to convey in a post how nicely made these models are but we will have the full set with us at the SGL Star Party, so you can play with critically assess them ?

These are very, very cool! I've brought a set for myself as I think they will be really useful for outreach and education and I know my kids will also really enjoy them. In-between they just look awesome on the shelf :D

The pictures don't do the model or experiences justice. The Lunar PRO is very solid and heavy so feels like it will take a fair bit of handling with no ill effects.

The accompanying app is a great experience in itself and an amazing way to interactively learn and explore the Lunar craters.

Archived