Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focusser question on Skywatcher Skymax 90

Hi,

I recently bought a Skywatcher SkyMax 90 Mak telescope. 

I got the scope dirt cheap, however upon looking at it I think it may have some problems. 

My biggest issue at the moment is I am not entirely sure the primary mirror is moving when I turn the focusser

The knob turns fully in both directions and stops, however I cannot physically see the mirror move when I look down the tube. Should I be able to see it moving, i.e is it easily perceptible?

Also to clarify, the scope came with no eye pieces, so I cannot check to see if it focuses when viewing through it. I don’t want to fork out on new eye pieces if the main focusser is not working in the first place

I used to own a scope a long time ago and sold it, and wanted to get back into observing which is why I purchased the scope cheaply off a selling site - hopefully this is something I can rectify or it will be for spares!

hope that all makes sense.. any advice appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jordan. 

Archived