Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Revelation ED80

I used to own one (i can't remember how it performed, it was a couple of years ago) but i sold it to Ant. He now uses it as his main imaging scope. Maybe worth sending Ant a PM. Or hopefully he'll drop in on this thread.

I do remember that it performed very well visually. I had no complaints.

Russ

My one was 'tweaked' by Steve at Telescope House so i'm not sure how it stacks up against an out of the box one, but I thought it was a lovely 'scope, wish I hadn't needed some money and sold it. There was a bit more field curvature than the slower SkyWatcher 80ED, but nothing serious for a small-chip CCD although a DSLR would have needed a flattener of some sort.

I'll set up my star tester and see if I can quantify the problem. Maybe, if I'm lucky, a re-adjustment of the objective elements may be enough!!

Don't have ANY issues with the Genesis or the SW ED80, great scopes, love them.

Well, first things first, this isn't an ED refractor. None of the "detailed" markings on the objective cell just some words which says its a good lens!

When I looked carefully it's just a glued doublet! Basic as you can get!

I pulled it apart, and found there was NO adjustment in the cell, its just jammed in place and held by the plastic baffle cone. It was VERY tight, but there's not too much you can do about it.

Hmmmmm, something about buyer beware!!!!

Archived