SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DSS trails

49 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

using a canon 760d. didnt think there was much trailing in the raw image, posted a raw in a previous post, have a look and let me know. i do know its not focused very well .

Might be worth taking a look at the sensor charts then, so you can work out what might be the best ISO for you.

https://www.sensorgen.info/

Dont worry about star colour at the moment (something which a high ISO will wipe out).

Edit:  just noticed the camera isnt listed on sensorgen, so you might need to do a bit of google pestering to see if anyone has performed tests on the sensor.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

If all your raw subs look like the example you posted, this is definitly a wrong setting somewhere in DSS.

yeah, all like that . 21 of them. like i said, focus aint the greatest but its quite hard with that little mak 90 and the silly focus knob

3 hours ago, happy-kat said:

1 there is a rogue sub in the mix with bad trails

My thoughts too. It would be a good thing to check each frame to see if there is any trailing. But i guess it is mostly due to out of focus stars. The threshold having to be so low to find enough stars is an indication of it. 

9 hours ago, bobro said:

It does look as though alignment is using hot pixels - the 2 hot pixels taken as examples in the stacked image and single sub are in the same place:

Well spotted Bobro, obviously they are scoring higher than the 'doughnut' stars

The cure will be to use the cosmetic function:

image.png.aea3f56d19aa343e2f84bf35b5070b25.png

Archived